go away spammer

Author Topic: What to do?? Looking for ideas  (Read 1517 times)

Offline SuperMiguelTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
What to do?? Looking for ideas
« on: June 12, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »
So i buillt a robot that avoids objects, tested it alot a works well im using a ping on a sevo to look around and 2 sharp sensors to detect distance. Also i added a photo resistor ane when the lights get dim it turns few leds on the robot...

What else can i do??? Ideas

I want to add video, so i can see the video feedback on my comp.. But not sure wherebto start?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:50:01 PM by SuperMiguel »

Offline mstacho

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 10
Re: What to do?? Looking for ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:06:53 AM »
Some ideas:

1) your photoresistor (get more of them :-P ) can be used as a simple light detector/light avoider.  With an array of them around the robot, you'll be able to detect where lights are.  A fun project might be getting a robot to drive around, avoiding obstacles, while searching for a light.

2) Use your pinging sensors to create a simple map of the area (your map is going to SUCK in terms of accuracy, since sonar isn't the best, but it'll show big features, like "I CAN DRIVE HERE" rather than "OBSTACLE").

3) get sensors like an IMU (measures acceleration and angular velocity), and use them to navigate.  These sensors are notorious for being noisy and for "drifting" -- they will show a motion even if you aren't moving!  BUT, they are very common, and if you're REALLY bored (and I mean REALLY) you can work on programs that identify and correct the drift to give you better resolution.

Just some thoughts...

MIKE
Current project: tactile sensing systems for multifingered robot hands

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: What to do?? Looking for ideas
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »
The easy/reliable way for footage on the computer is to use a wifi IP camera.  It's what's used in the Mech Warfare competition.  You can find a threadful of information on a commonly used camera of this type here.
I

Get Your Ad Here