Author Topic: Create your own Servo Bracket?  (Read 6617 times)

Offline amadordTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Create your own Servo Bracket?
« on: August 02, 2010, 04:43:22 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm just hoping someone will point me in the right direction in making my own servo bracket like what material to use and where to buy it online or locally. Im making my own quadruped robot and will need some servo bracket built since buying one is so expensive at least $12 dollars for 2 brackets online.

Thanks in advance!

paulstreats

Re: Create your own Servo Bracket?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:56:43 PM »
It depends what type of brackets you need but you just need to use your imagination and keep your eyes open.

I make right angle brackets from a piece of right angle aluminium (shape like an L but 2 metres long). I just use a saw to a slice through it and drill holes. The length of the L parts are the exact width of the servo through chance (the aluminium piece was from a local DIY superstore and was designed for stylish cornering on kitchen shelves and units it cost me £6 around $10 and being 2 metres long it has lasted a couple of years now and produced more than 20 brackets so far.....). It can be used to couple servo's in more than 1 way too.

Offline flokos

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:48:45 AM »
Have a look on this http://letsmakerobots.com/node/16983 .
What i do ,is to design the bracket i want to make in this programm ,
then i print the deisgn i put it on an 1,5mm alluminium sheet and some glue ,
then i take my dremmel 300 i cut it and then i make some lines with my dremmel
in the points the bracket will fold and then i fold where i want the bracket and its ready.
If you want to cut a bracket that is rounded in some points then you can curve it with tap .
The whole process its quite tiring but you can get great result from it and save money too.

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:28:11 AM »
I'm working on some erector set based brackets. I have a plastic adapter plate done already. I just need to figure out the erector set part when I get time. Let me know if your interested in the adapters I have 30 or so from my last production run. Also got some ez1 sonar sensor adapters
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Get Your Ad Here

data_list