Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Help with simple project! haha

(1/2) > >>

corytran:
Hello people!

I am in need of some serious help building something....I had no clue where to look for help until i found this site.

I'm not really trying to build a robot...but i guess it's basically the same.

What I am trying to build is very simple...just a box that opens and closes using a SMALL remote (something like a car alarm remote)

I was reading the tutorials and I think I understand the basics of it...like i would probably need a servo, microcontroller, and so on...but I dont know anything about the remote....

So if someone could explain how I would go on making something like this I would really really appreciate it...

The box is going to be very small...probably around 3x3 inches or maybe 2x2....maybe 4x4?

THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCED GUYS!!!

airman00:
how much range do you want for the transmitter?

what exactly do you want? Press a button and a box opens for lets say a minute , and then automatically close?

or to open the box with a remote that has variable opening speed?

?also , can you tell us the practical use of this thing? ( a r/c jack in the box ?  ;D    jk )

tell us exactly what you want so we can help you.

,Eric

Gertlex:
You'll need most of the space inside the box to hold the hardware, probably.

I guess I don't know how best to approach this.  More details would indeed be useful.

Admin:
Have you considered buying a cheap $30 remote control toy car and then just hacking it for parts?

Everything you need is already there and works, just replace the wheels with the box lid and you're done ;D

Just make sure the motor is strong enough (is geared down) to do what you need . . .
This might help you some: http://www.societyofrobots.com/mechanics_statics.shtml

corytran:
I need to be able to press a button to open it and then a button to close it....either that or it opens for like 5-10 seconds and closes by itself.  (but please remember i need a very small remote...like a car alarm remote...)

The hardware will not be inside the box itself....it can be on the outside.

I plan to put the box into something bigger so the hardware can be lying around anywhere...
range wise...i think 5 feet is good...

Thanks alot for the help guys...I really appreciate it..you guys are saving my life here.   ;) ;D ;) ;D

if u guys ever need anything just ask!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version