Author Topic: Axon2 - Loading Programs and Transmitting Data with Bluetooth using UART-1.  (Read 3010 times)

Offline InvictaTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
I load programs to my Axon2 using the supplied USB cable connected to UART-1. Is there any reason I could not replace the cable with a Bluetooth link?

If I can do the above and load up a program that uses UART-1 to transmit data to the Windows Terminal program via Bluetooth as well, will this cause problems when I want to load up another program?

I presently use UART-2 with a Bluetooth link to send data to the Windows Terminal Program and I want to free up UART-2 for other uses.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots

Offline InvictaTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
@Admin

OK, forget about using a Bluetooth link to upload programs via UART-1, too many issues.

Is UART-1(USB) limited only to uploading programs via the supplied USB cable? Could I use it for anything else; such as sending data back to my computer via a USB Bluetooth dongle? If I do this will it cause problems when I want to upload another program using the supplied USB cable?

Thanks

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Is UART-1(USB) limited only to uploading programs via the supplied USB cable? Could I use it for anything else; such as sending data back to my computer via a USB Bluetooth dongle? If I do this will it cause problems when I want to upload another program using the supplied USB cable?
Yeap, you can use USB to send/receive data.

The only 'problem' is that you need to remember to disconnect Hyperterminal before using the bootloader, then reconnect Hyperterminal when done.

Get Your Ad Here