go away spammer

Author Topic: PS2 wireless controller protocol  (Read 3796 times)

Offline roboninja93Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
PS2 wireless controller protocol
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:34:32 PM »
I want to use a wireless play station 2 controller for controlling the robot. I want to know what frequency or protocol is used between the ps2 controller and it's receiver. I tried to search the web but with no luck.

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer ยท Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: PS2 wireless controller protocol
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »
Ugh. I wrote the below before realizing you're after the wireless setup. Perhaps the receiver has the same pinout as the wired version?

------

I have not done this myself. But Webbotlib has had support [for the wired version] for years now. This page has a diagram of the pinout, example code if you're using Webbotlib: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs2/46240.html

Worst case, you can download Webbotlib and somewhere find the PS2 code it uses... but I suspect that code will be hard to understand because of the abstractions that make Webbotlib works so magically.
I

Offline tzankoff

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:49:05 AM »
I am in the same scenario as roboninja93 in wanting to use a wireless PS2 controller. My experience eventually led me to just stick with a wired controller which has worked out fine...but I would still like to go wireless.

With that said, I think that I remember reading somewhere that there is a clock speed issue or something like that. Lynxmotion has a wireless PS2 Robot Controller Kit that now comes with a piece of hardware that supposedly deals with  this issue. Previous versions did not come with the level shifter. I will look more into it as I get to that part of my robot build.

http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-869-ps2-robot-controller-v3.aspx

Offline jimujan

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 03:34:40 AM »
roboninja93 I like your idea, I would like to  controll the robot by ps2 controller too, I will try it .

Offline ShaneH

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list