Author Topic: pic tutorial  (Read 2483 times)

Offline karmaxTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
pic tutorial
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »
i'm a beginner please help..
i ve done 8051/52 prog properly..
jst started with pic  for motor control (serial comm)
hw pic family mcu is diff from 8051 family?

paulstreats

Re: pic tutorial
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:04:05 AM »
The majority of the differences are the architecture of the mcu's themselves. 8051 is the name of the architecture whereas PIC's use harvard architecture. Even so, when intel first produced the 8051 processor it was based around harvard architeture, the only significant difference that it should make at hobby level are those of the assembly commands. If you use a c compiler then even these dont make a difference.

Some of the 8051 type microcontrollers need you to add external eeproms etc to store the commands or program  in wheres with PIC's everything is buit in such as logic, programmable eeprom, a small amount of working ram etc.. as well as built in analog converters and built in capture/compare ports.

You will probably find that PIC and AVR are easier to use but can seem more daunting at first because of additional functionalities.

ATMEL who also make microcontrollers and probably more commonly used on this forum also have some models of mcu based on the 8051 processor.

Offline karmaxTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 01:07:07 AM »
i want to use pic16f877a do u have any tutorial. or something else by which i cand understand pic

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:44:16 AM »
please remember to search google first!

pic16f877 motor control tutorial

Get Your Ad Here

data_list