go away spammer

Author Topic: Need help mounting wheel to DC motor  (Read 7736 times)

Offline sotuTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
Need help mounting wheel to DC motor
« on: June 18, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »
Ok on my contest robot i have 2 motor laying inside of the chassie. Its wholes in each side so the tiny metal pin is coming out. The problem is that im using wheels with a center whole bigger then the diameter of the pin, i have done this before by just glueing it on but now the pin is so small couse most of the parts arent coming completely out of the whole through the chassie that i dont thing it would help glueing the small pin to the wheel. So i was thinking of something i could glue on the pin to make it a little thicker and longer but i havent found anything yet. But the i looked through a page here on this page where you (The admin) explained how to mount a wheel to a servo, you did this with screwing a little red cross onto the wheel. I studyed the picture and i saw there was a little whole in the middle, im not sure if its big enough for my motor pin but still it worth a shot. Anyhow you mentioned you would get the red crosses in the servo package so im wondering if there anywhere i could by theese crosses without beeing have tobuy an servo to.
Here is the picture i was talking about.
PS: if you got any other ideas i would love to here them!
How to build a biped bot:

Offline brijesh

• Helpful? 0
Re: Need help mounting wheel to DC motor
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:22:58 PM »
The two books from David Cook have good discussion on this topic.
http://www.robotroom.com/

Ideas from the book are to use brass tubes found in hobby/craft stores to make coupling and to extend the motor shaft. You can use insert smaller tube into a larger one to extend the diameter of the shafts.

If you want a ready made solution, this site carries many couplers, hubs and shafts of various lengths and diameters. They even have universal joints.
http://www.servocity.com/html/mechanicals___accessories.html

Good luck.
Brijesh

Offline henchen100

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
you can layer it up with eletric tape and then ot glue it to the wheel

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 09:48:15 AM »
Hi,

Find a metal tube that fits very tight on the axle and mount it all the way to 1mm from the motor. Make the tube longer than the axle to go all the way through the wheel. Then find a tube that fits within the wheel and on the extended axle - a drill will help if the hole is too small.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here