go away spammer

Author Topic: mobile jammer  (Read 3373 times)

Offline karmaxTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
mobile jammer
« on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »
i want to make mobile jammer.please give me some circuit or study material ...i tried a no of circuits from google but all in vain no one works..please help me for the same

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
Re: mobile jammer
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »
what are you trying to jam? That makes a big difference. mobile Phones? FM radio? Also in the US at least this is illegal.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 03:51:02 PM »
A jammer for mobile phones would be like the wave bubble project, google for it...
FM radios should be muted more easily with a single oscillator at a frequency near 100MHz,
at least this is what I have seen...

@Aselith:
I know jammers aren't used for good purposes but the knowledge exist on the net...
Apart from that... everyone has a brain of his own.. no more no less...
Some years ago I was asking about jammers and nearly got blackmailed not here in SOR of course...
Should you insist on doing damage you don't really need a jammer a single fist is more that enough.

I remember some pranks that we did with cab drivers :-D We had a FM transmitter and the driver was furious
about that techno music he was hearing on nearly every station (with some adjustments... :-P).
So not everything has a very very mean disposition...  :P
For whom the interrupts toll...

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
When i was an undergrad, I got tired of watching people cheat via text message on tests (and making my grade go down via the curve) that I considered building a jammer. Never got around to it thou...

Then there was always the people in movie theaters answering phone calls....

Offline rgcustodio

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Use "Search" and ye might find answers!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 04:43:26 PM »
Indeed, information about jammer technology and jamming is scattered on the net, but it still takes extra knowledge to make it all work. This technology has its uses, but it's the users motives that are different. Remember in a forum the true motive of a poster can be masked so if you are against these sort of things you shouldn't give out the information you know.

The FCC can be indifferent sometimes, but when an issue is reported to them (ie jamming, spurious radio emissions, out of band broadcasts) they will act will an iron fist.

If the original poster wants an interference free area to work with his/her robots he/she should build a Faraday cage. Check out past runs of Mythbusters to learn how to build one.

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. - H. W. Longfellow

understanding is the path to enlightenment

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »
Knowledge is power, as I was given to it, thus I shall pass it to anyone in need of it, whether and when I can.
Depriving people of knowledge means fear. Yet depriving anything from anyone means fear and misunderstanding.

I've seen many guys building coil guns... Guns kill... nop... people kill
I've seen people powering cities...People flattening cities... and people just talking... all with the power of some single atoms...

This is a technical forum, may be a part of society, but being mostly a technical forum, morality isn't really an issue.
Knowledge must not be sealed. Yet how we use it reflects our persona.
I'm not against technology and not against jammers. Yet, Am I to be blamed if I pointed out a single site or if I'm
in search of knowledge... No.

It's a controversial issue, that's what I can only accept.

And this of course is a completely off topic post. But I'm for having such conversations.
It's like Nokia. It connects people,let them know each other and embrace together... hehehe
Ok, I'm not serious now I know...

Best Regards, Lefteris
Greece

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »
A jammer for mobile phones would be like the wave bubble project, google for it...
FM radios should be muted more easily with a single oscillator at a frequency near 100MHz,
at least this is what I have seen...

@Aselith:
I know jammers aren't used for good purposes but the knowledge exist on the net...
Apart from that... everyone has a brain of his own.. no more no less...
Some years ago I was asking about jammers and nearly got blackmailed not here in SOR of course...
Should you insist on doing damage you don't really need a jammer a single fist is more that enough.

I remember some pranks that we did with cab drivers :-D We had a FM transmitter and the driver was furious
about that techno music he was hearing on nearly every station (with some adjustments... :-P).
So not everything has a very very mean disposition...  :P
i want jammer for jamming mobile phones .its my college project .please help me for the same i tried google and tried a no of circuits also but no one work.so if some one tried some circuit then please let me knw

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
    • CorSec Engineering
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
Which mobile phone type are you talking about? GSM? CDMA? Also I don't think you can jam CDMA. Maybe I don't know much about cell phones.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline little-c

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
basic jammer, take the frequenceys transmitted on, and spam those with noise. i.e pump out radio waves at high power.

more complex is to intercept a transmittion, and spam that channel.(vaugely legal if there is no way for the system to determin what is been sent or whereit is been sent to. privacy is technicaly protected. they will probably just fine you.)

if you want a college project, do something diffrent... doing a project which could techincaly get you fried on terrorism charges isn't allways a good plan. mobile robot or direction finding of transmittions are good ones. or combine the two? three mobile robots and DF gear, use the robots position to tell you where a signal is coming from? or vise versa. (this could actuly become relativly complex, but sticking to basics to prove an algorithm works is best)

if your set, decide which jammer you want to implement.

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 06:32:11 PM »
Since it's a Uni project get some papers, on what you are working on, or test it where you must
If they see that you can make something working you probably get a job good one!!!

As I said before google "Wave bubble"... It's the most sophisticated jammer I've seen hand build.

A jammer that generates only background noise for mobile phones isn't a good idea, or it would have limited range.
Due to decryption methods like DES3 they are highly tolerant to noise...

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »
basic jammer, take the frequenceys transmitted on, and spam those with noise. i.e pump out radio waves at high power.

more complex is to intercept a transmittion, and spam that channel.(vaugely legal if there is no way for the system to determin what is been sent or whereit is been sent to. privacy is technicaly protected. they will probably just fine you.)

if you want a college project, do something diffrent... doing a project which could techincaly get you fried on terrorism charges isn't allways a good plan. mobile robot or direction finding of transmittions are good ones. or combine the two? three mobile robots and DF gear, use the robots position to tell you where a signal is coming from? or vise versa. (this could actuly become relativly complex, but sticking to basics to prove an algorithm works is best)

if your set, decide which jammer you want to implement.
i want to jamm both cdma and gsm phones.

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
    • CorSec Engineering
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 07:45:09 AM »
Wow your not asking much. Two drastically different technologies that both are very noise resistant and you want to jam them all? Maybe if you got the ESN and MIN numbers for a specific phone you might be able to jam one phone but all phones in one area is not going to get you anywhere by googling it besides maybe a terrorist watch list. Good luck with that one. Or the true terrorist method go blow up a few cell towers that works for jamming cell phones as well.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline bsamuels

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 11:23:29 PM »
How are cell phone encryptions resistant to noise? Do they have many parity bits?

Get Your Ad Here