Electronics > Electronics

need help making programer

(1/2) > >>

ed1380:
since the $15 programmer doesn't work, I'm gonna make my own based off this
I have a parralel port cable from an old computer and it comes with a header like the old programmer.
I understand connecting ground to ground, but the old prgrammer and pc board of the $50 robot has a pin for +.
would i connect that to the parallel port or not, since it's not menioned in the instructables?

here are the asociated pics.

http://www.captain.at/electronics/atmel-programmer/atmega16-programmer.png

I'm thinking of putting resistors in the black box for a clean look-- \/  This one

ed1380:
well I made it using the first link/picture as a guide, but I did put a resistor on the ground wire.

ponyprog doesn't recognize anything, and it is set to parralel mode. IDk if I have to reverse reset or any other shit like that.

tried winavr programmer's notebook like the instructable says, and it pops up a bunch of errors about how stuff is not included. I cut and pasted admins code for the robot and I did have the makefile in the directory, but it says the header file aint there, but is in the code. the batteries are dead now and the hsf on the 5v regulator is burning hot, but no succes

I either suck at electronics/software/programming or they hate me, cause even after about 4 hours I couldn't hook up the router to my pc.
over the phone with a tech it took about 10 minutes.
so I pretty much quit since I have put about $100 into this hobby already and have gotten nowhere.
now give me something mechanical or electrical (not electronic) and I'm good.
so my next hobby/goal in life is making a go-kart. heres what I have so far. This too
see ya over here and here

ed1380:
bump :'(

Ro-Bot-X:
I can't give you advice on how that programmer works for C...

But if you download Bascom-AVR demo, in the help file you will find a Sample Electronics programmer that is made with a DB25, 3x330 ohm resistors and a ribon with a connector like the one you are showing above. But be carefull, the programmer does not work on laptops (something related with the parralel port implementation...).

Eco19R:
Some time when you have extra cash just buy the better programmer - sometimes you will spend more money trying to do it yourself then if you just bought something pre-made

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version