Author Topic: 50$ robot breadboard help  (Read 1835 times)

Offline greasemonkey94Topic starter

• Helpful? 1
50$ robot breadboard help
« on: November 14, 2010, 01:39:04 AM »
Hello,

I am new here and i was going to build the 50$ robot, but i plan to use a breadboard instead of a pcb and i wazs confused with the schematic.Can someone please explain the modfications i need to make and if any one has a modified schematic for the breadboard
,please post it.
Also i was confused at the power buses in the tutorial, i know in that in breadboards you have 2 buses along the sides and in the middle there are 5(usually 5 i think) holes which are interconnected.do i need to make the power buses in the breadboard circuit?
Has anyone ever made the circuit using a breadboard,if you have can you please post photos.

all help is appreciated

Thank you,

Offline Conscripted

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 10
Re: 50$ robot breadboard help
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:14:51 PM »
Good morning.

Your project on a breadboard won't look anything like it does on the tutorial. On the plus side you can use the breadboard a chassis material and mount the servos on it. It sounds like you have a good idea how the bread board works. If i were to build the circuit on a breadboard I would probably not put in the power buses that are part of the $50 tutorial. This shouldn't be a problem for the sensors but will make connecting the servos a little more difficult.

The best advice I can give would be to start by placing the microcontroller and then start making connections one at a time until you have the circuit complete. The fact that you are doing it on a breadboard does not change where things are connected.

Good luck
Conscripted

Offline greasemonkey94Topic starter

• Helpful? 1
Re: 50$ robot breadboard help
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 07:28:11 AM »
thanks conscripted,

i think I've got the circuit figured out,
But has anyone tried to make the circuit on a breadboard before??
If you have please post pictures if possible or even just directions on what you did.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list