Author Topic: Old Battery Pack, there is no wires.  (Read 2696 times)

Offline garriwilsonTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
Old Battery Pack, there is no wires.
« on: October 03, 2007, 10:23:18 PM »
Hey, I have an old 6.0 volt battery pack but it doesn't have any wires. It just has two small metal squares on top of each side. How do I use it?

Offline Steve Joblin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
    • Roebotz
Re: Old Battery Pack, there is no wires.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 07:05:15 AM »
You can try to solder on wires, but special care is required so you don't overheat the battery.  Alternatively, you can build some type of tight fitting case that has two spings that press tight against each of the metal squares when the batter is inserted in the case (take a look at how your cell phone battery connects to your cell phone as an example).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 07:06:01 AM by Steve Joblin »

Offline ed1380

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 02:39:57 PM »
i did the second thing steve said. cause I couldn't get teh solder to stick to teh contacts
Problems making the $50 robot circuit board?
click here. http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=3292.msg25198#msg25198

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 03:16:04 PM »
garri im assuming your talking about some sort of very small drill battery or extremely old phone battery?

Can the "metal squares" or contacts be folded outward so that perhaps you can use a female disconnect to connect to them?
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Offline Fredrik Andersson

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 04:13:28 PM »
?

I have one of these. My solution to the problem is pretty ghetto, but it works really well. I use a rubber band and two wires with bare ends. They are tied to those metal pads pretty hard and never loses contact.

But if you are building something serious, don't get tempted making it easy for you. It gets worn out pretty easy, and you will have to get new wires, it's hard to put on and of and such.

[edit] Naah, if he has one of those pictured above, then the pads can't be folded in any way. They are quite solid. :/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:16:59 PM by Fredrik Andersson »
Current project: Pirrh - Portable Intelligent Round Rolling Hexapod

Offline garriwilsonTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 07:17:34 PM »
fredrik i have the same one except it's not nikko  :'( I'll figure something out

data_list