Author Topic: Uart speed problem  (Read 5814 times)

Offline DothosTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: Uart speed problem
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »
Nice!! which processor did you use? How do I hook up the crystal and where do I get one? Is it very expansive?

Thank you very much for your pacience

Offline Graynomad

• Helpful? 7
    • Skype - grayn0mad
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »
It's on an ATmega328.

Actually I can get 4, 2.66, 2.00 and 1.6 but it's pretty much a sub-multiple of the clock speed, hence me suggesting a change of crystal.

Crystals are cheap and it's not rocket science to replace one, but if you don't have the experience I'm not sure I should recommend you do it. I'd hate to have a dead Axon on my conscience :)

Frankly for $14 or whatever I'd just buy another BT module.

You said before that if you loop back Tx to Rx you get back from the BT what you send to it. Have you tried sending the clock speed AT command? If it works that has to be the best option. And you have nothing to lose.

______
Rob
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.

Offline DothosTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 04:35:47 AM »
Many tanks for your help I'll forget about it I don't axon blood on my hands too. I'll just keep it until I have a way to do it safely.

You said before that if you loop back Tx to Rx you get back from the BT what you send to it. Have you tried sending the clock speed AT command?

Of course I tried it!! Lol but it's useless because when I connect to it via bluetooth it exits the config mode. Is there a way to delay the signal for some seconds? That would be cool

Get Your Ad Here