go away spammer

Author Topic: FYP...First Robot....Urgent help Required...  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Fani00786Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
FYP...First Robot....Urgent help Required...
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »
HY all......i am doing my final year project of making an autonomous robot syn. with GPS.... the robot is in CAR's shape....and what i have to do is carry three balls and drop these balls in three different location .....so plz help me to find some way way how i do this..... make robotic arm...does steper motor help me in this regard...

thanks....waiting for your replies...:) :help:

Offline tomcharley

• Helpful? 0
Re: FYP...First Robot....Urgent help Required...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »
Dear Fani,

Do you actually need to lift the balls?  If you can just push them around on the floor that might reduce the complexity of your design problem.  If you have to pick them up, it may be easier to just use a shovel design like on the front of a backhoe.  Then you don't have to worry about pinpointing their position and actuating a complex manipulator.
  The more you can tell us about your project goals, the more we can help.  Try to give us specific problems to solve.  You are rather vague about the design constraints (size of robot, budget, environmental hazards, etc.).  I also don't know what you mean by "in CAR's shape".  Do you mean that you are building on the chassis of a full size car, or is there some robot named 'C.A.R.' that I am unaware of?
  There is a section of this forum called Robot Videos (http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?board=6.0) that can also help you get inspiration for design ideas.

Good luck,
Tom

PS: I hope you have other people working on this with you.  One person making a fully autonomous vehicle that localizes itself via GPS is a daunting task.

Offline Mr. Ninja

• Helpful? 0
Re: FYP...First Robot....Urgent help Required...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
I'm kind of new here, and to robotics (3 posts :P) but lookign at this, you could build a little storage thing with three evenly spaced paddles, and they would turn and push a ball into a small chamber, when the chamber is at the drop point, it would open up (simple aperture maybe?) and drop the ball down, close, repeat.

Just my two cents.

Get Your Ad Here