Author Topic: using breadboard for $50 robot  (Read 2140 times)

Offline dakiddk4Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
using breadboard for $50 robot
« on: April 15, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »
i read a bit a breadboards and i pretty much get how they work and i just about have everything for the $50 robot controller i just have no clue how to put them together i tried to figure it out to no avail, so if anyone can give me a few pointers hopefully the schematics or how to translate circuits for breadboards that would be great.

Offline mstacho

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 10
Re: using breadboard for $50 robot
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 09:56:45 AM »
My best advice would be to start on much smaller circuits and play around.  For instance, making a switch - battery - LED - resistor - ground would be a good start, then try to add some more LEDs in parrallel, see how to play with series circuits a bit. 

It takes a bit of time to start seeing schematics and the circuits that come from them as the same thing.

A really neat project is to make a simple H-Bridge that alternately either turns on a motor or some LEDs (it doesn't really matter, the H-Bridge is just a switch :-P).  This way you'll get to learn to work with transistors as well, which have a more complicated wiring method than simple components and helped me a lot to work with all manner of strange components haha.  In fact, I recommend making an H-bridge as a starting project, it will REALLY help.

But the bottom line is: practice and start small.  The $50 robot is a learning experience, but trying to put something complex together without doing the basics to learn isn't a great idea!

MIKE
Current project: tactile sensing systems for multifingered robot hands

Offline dakiddk4Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: using breadboard for $50 robot
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 12:51:52 AM »
thanks @mike, your right, imma play around with other circuits for a while see if i can figure some things out

Get Your Ad Here

data_list