Author Topic: Looking to start figuring out circuits, and breadboarding and such.  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Robotboy86Topic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
I have been reading everything I can on the net, and I have a basic understanding of circuit diagrams and what each part does(for the most part), but I am still looking to understand things better.  My basic goal right now is to use the analog gyro's and accelerometers for a balancing bot.

I saw the thread that recommends a few good books and a site, and I read the site and intend to get the books but can anyone answer a few quick questions?

Chip manuf's like analog release new chips time to time, and I've noticed they tend to have documents with them that vaguely explain what is needed.  How do people figure out what is required?  Is that what those evaluation boards are for?  Are they basically just the company making a working board so you can see how they did it, and change to your needs?

Thank you!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Looking to start figuring out circuits, and breadboarding and such.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 07:13:50 PM »
I've noticed they tend to have documents with them that vaguely explain what is needed.  How do people figure out what is required?
It depends on what I need the chip for . . . for example, a microcontroller datasheet can be 300+ pages! Of course I wouldnt read it all, I just look up the features I plan to use and ignore the rest.

For example, will it fit on my board? Check dimensions . . .
Will the light sensor detect the green part of the spectrum? Check the light sensitivity charts . . .
How much torque will my motor give with 5V? Check the torque vs voltage chart . . .

Datasheets take awhile to get used to, but after the first few you shouldnt have a prob with them . . .

Get Your Ad Here

data_list