go away spammer

Author Topic: Pocket ultrasound dog repeller  (Read 3585 times)

Offline razvanc_roroTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Pocket ultrasound dog repeller
« on: June 23, 2007, 01:40:40 PM »
Hi there again!
Sorry for these last period inactivity! :D I had some problems at the collage (and :( and still have)... but nevermind...

These days me and my gf plan a trip in the mountain wilderness here in the Carpathian mountains. (btw, The heaven on earth! :) ) and we saw that our road meets some high altitude sheepfolds. Nothing scary about these kind of places, except for those big (and I mean really BIG) dogs they have there. In our native language they are called "ciobanesti" (the shepherd's dogs); they protect the sheepfold for wolfs and even brown-bears, so imagine what I'm talking about...  :o We had some problems (without injuries) before, and now we plan to take measures.
This why I will try building a "pocket ultrasound dog repeller" and I'm some kind of novice in the speakers zone... and have questions and if you could give me some directions about that I would appreciate that.
I've found also a schematic that I linked here.
http://www.discovercircuits.com/PDF-FILES/40KULTRASOUNDRVR2.pdf
If someone know/understand how these schematic works, please reply these thread. :D

So... my first question would be:
Should I use a piezo buzzer instead of a tweeter for that ultrasound?

Thank you and probably, with your online help I will do a tutorial about this in progress, for those out there and especialy those of us in here who dream about a world of robots (guverned by men, of course ;) )
Try do your best without doing anything! Possible?!?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Pocket ultrasound dog repeller
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »
ha! nice idea . . . but how you gonna test it?

so you can just take the $50 robot circuit, attach a MOSFET gate to a servo port, and attach the piezo buzzer to the mosfet source and ground lines.

to change sound frequency, all you do is change the number for speed in the source code.

the advantage to this method is easy tweaking, and the ability to have multiple buzzers running at different frequencies.

Offline robotvisionary

• Helpful? 0
  • Lucky I wasn't that driver.
    • Apple Hackz
Re: Pocket ultrasound dog repeller
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 02:15:51 AM »
OK i just got you Want you need to understand the circuit diagram.

Click on the hyperlink: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?parentPage=search&summary=summary&cp=&productId=2102913&accessories=accessories&kw=resistors&techSpecs=techSpecs&currentTab=summary&custRatings=custRatings&sr=1&features=features&origkw=resistors&support=support&tab=support

In this page under there are two pdf file click on the one that said Users guide Workbook 1.

There in Page 13 there is a description of everything. Also you have the definition of everything there.

I know this because for my 10 birthday the gave me this gift and  a few days ago I was serching for resistors in radioshach and i saw That pic and reminded me on that gift. I went to my far away closet and there it was open but untouched.

It a really neat kit. ;D
I've have not failed, I've just found out 2,000 how a light bulb will not work

Thomas Edision.
[youtube]59xcT1dstq4[/youtube]

Get Your Ad Here