Author Topic: Alright guys I need major help  (Read 1638 times)

Offline CUrules12Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Alright guys I need major help
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:38:59 PM »
I began working on the $50 robot for my senior graduation project for high school...i built the robot, and did all of the electrical work, but it does not work..i did a crap job on the PC board, i know this has to be the reason

here is my question...

would someone be able to assemble the whole pc board for me for cheap and quickly?  I need this project to graduate, and i do not have the time to restart the whole project, i am pretty sure that I cannot salvage my PCB, it is that bad,

anyone?  for cheap and quickly can you assemble the pc board for a 4.8v battery holder method (i can attack the batteries)  and using an ATmega 8?

let me know please!   I am desperate

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
Re: Alright guys I need major help
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 12:38:22 AM »
It's not that hard to just redo the PCB, going slowly and carefully.  The project should be yours, from beginning to end.  Soldering together a PCB shouldn't take a determined worker more than a few hours over a few days, and experiences from the previous try will help you out. 

We're not here to do your homework for you.  If it is really that bad (which I doubt), go and get yourself a Roboduino - it'll do what you want.  You'd miss out on the build regardless, so may as well get a nicer system.  There's a tutorial on this site for the Roboduino as well.

Offline GearMotion

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Two decades+ of Embedded Design
    • CircuitGizmos
Re: Alright guys I need major help
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:59:14 AM »
Here is an alternate tutorial on board assembly. Perhaps some of the assembly tips in the tutorial will help you.

http://circuitgizmos.com/wordpress/?p=471

As an aside I'm amused that you say "I need this project to graduate" but you also want the work done for you "cheap". Apparently your education isn't valuable to you.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list