go away spammer

Author Topic: motor driver circuit  (Read 2203 times)

Offline yifei87Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
motor driver circuit
« on: February 10, 2009, 07:16:54 PM »
Hey guy,
 i am planning to build a motor driver according to the circuit in attachment.
However, is it able to work for a 12v Dc motor?
Pls kindly comments. Thank you

Offline Canabots

• Contest Winner
  • Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 6
  • It's not a bug, it's a feature!
    • Salmigondis Tech
Re: motor driver circuit
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »
http://robotroom.com/HBridge.html

OUT A follows the IN A signal but uses the full voltage from the power source, not the tiny voltage from the input signal itself. OUT B follows IN B in the same way.

For example, if IN A is turned on completely (2.4 volts or better) and IN B is turned off completely (0.8 volts or less) then OUT A turns on completely (up to 22 volts) and OUT B turns off completely (GND). The motor gets 22 volts.

From what the schematic shows, it appears the circuit can drive the motor using whatever voltage is actually powering the circuit.

Direct motor driving with this chip is only possible for motors that draw less than 100 mA (4427) to 150 mA (4424) under load.

But you can't drive any motors that run with a higher current draw than 150mA (for the TC4424) or 100mA (for the TC4427) directly from the chip. You wouldn't want to fry the chip...    ...right? :P

I would recommend directing the output to a transistor or a MOSFET, as the page describes. Then you can easily power it from your 12V supply with no problem (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong).  ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:54:45 PM by Canabots »
My robotics, electronics, software, or other stuff blog:
www.saltech.wordpress.com

Get Your Ad Here

data_list