Author Topic: Help with my first microbot!  (Read 5603 times)

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: Help with my first microbot!
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »
yeap, post it and ill have a run through it.
remember to post screen shots of it too, for people who cant be bothered to open up cad or eagle.
Howdy

Offline yash25Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 08:48:26 AM »
Hey james, im posting the schematic of the circuit as u advised me..its an EAGLE file ,( but i'll be posting the handdrawn schematic in sometime)..can u check the schematic for me please?
  in the schematic, the capacitor symbols to the extreme right are photoresistors . Also, the pin headers on the top and bottom are for attaching to the lower part of the circuit. I have used the pins of the pin header as VCC and GND and also as connections to the motors.
I am also posting the CAD in sometime. It's going to be a three layered bot , the first layer has the circuit, 2nd one has the cells and regulator and motordriver IC  and on the third layer i will be mounting the motors!
Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them.

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »
okay i'd made a mistake in my connections..i'd connected only one of the motordriver inputs to the chip...the other two connections are from pin 6 and 7 of the chip to the pins 1 and 2 of the header! Here's the file again, modified this time!

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 03:39:45 PM »
smash..i know u'd suggested microservos..but they're just too big..so im using pagers with anL293D...do check the circuit posted above...it doesnt contain the motor driver..but the basic circuit of the tiny 2313 is there. could u look it up please?

Offline galannthegreat

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Blue-Lensed Blue LEDs?! What?! Impossible!!
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »
Nice! I hope your project goes well!

P.S. Keep us posted on progress, it sounds like something very cool. ;D
Kurt

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »
Hey Thanks a lot! That's made my day(well, on my side of the world, the day's just started!)! It's going to be difficult since it's my first microcontroller based bot and it's tiny..but my CAD's gone perfect and I think my schematic is somewhat right!
Can u please check it for me ? because then i can go down in the city and buy all the components!

Offline galannthegreat

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Blue-Lensed Blue LEDs?! What?! Impossible!!
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2009, 06:41:47 PM »
Now... If you need some motor controllers/driver, the MEGABitty comes built-in with drivers.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:46:31 PM by galannthegreat »
Kurt

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »
yes i've heard of MEGAbitty ,but i think it would be more fun designing the whole thing myself so...and back in my college, if i ever submit this as an entry to any project disply, they'll disqualify,because im using a readymade board.
that's why the schematic and all...did u check out my ckt? are all the connections right???

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »
I'm pasting the EAGLE FILE here again!

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »
Can you please export the schematic as a png and attach it? This way I can look at it easier. Thanks.

P.S. Perhaps it will help to take a look at my schematic for a dual motor controller using tiny2313 here:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=8052.msg63205#msg63205
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 08:54:39 PM by Ro-Bot-X »
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2009, 09:10:53 PM »
Never mind, I have looke dat your schematic and I find it incomplete. I know you want to build several boards connected together but you can draw the schematics one near the other and make the boards on the same pcb like 2 square cells and cut them out after they are etched.

But I need to know what kind of robot you want to build, a sumo, line follower, photofobe, mars lander... so I know what kind of sensors you can use. Motor connections are simple, that's not a problem.

I have built small robot boards with perfboard and wires and housed them in a 4x4 studs Lego brick. It could read 2 Lego sensors and control 2 Lego motors and 2 servos, plus it had dual IR proximity sensor integrated. So, it's all possible. Here's a link to it:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=7546.msg58063#msg58063

Check out the uBotino robot controller!

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2009, 09:24:28 PM »
hi! i've never actually dealt with sch files a lot ..so i reely dunno how to export them as png and attach them , im trying though...can u help me out with this?  :-[

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2009, 09:35:19 PM »
oh ok sorry...please ignore the last post about my confusion with the png.. :D..well actually..im building a photovore...in fact , basically, im only building the 50$bot but on the tiny scale! my bot dimensions are 1inch * 1 inch*1.5 inch...
okay..see, i know what u say is perfect...but my boards are going to be one on top of the other..so im giving the VCC and GND and those outputs of the chip that are  going to the motors, to the pin headers!
also, it would be practically impossible to cut the boards after they're etched..because i don't have such good machinery available to me! also this being my first microcontroller project , im a bit wary about losing out due to poor cutting of the PCBs ...
so im giving my VCC ,GND, and motor pins to the strips(which will also act as stilts for the bot) i'll take these connections out with wires and connect them wherever required..
i hope i hav'nt messed up bigtime! have i???

• Helpful? 0
    • The Workshop
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2009, 09:49:25 PM »
well, i forgot to tell you one more important reason of why the whole circuit is not present on the schematic is dat i am not going to acutally mount the remaining componants but i'm going to freeform them! so, making a schematic of it did'nt actually appeal to me...it would've been a waste anyway...i know it's hard for u to picturize the circuit with wires going nowhere and ending up in pin headers!
apart from these incomplete cannections..is there anything missing?

Get Your Ad Here