Author Topic: line follower tutorial using pic 18f4550  (Read 12399 times)

Offline junior000Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
line follower tutorial using pic 18f4550
« on: July 13, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
hi ppl,

i have written a tutorial on line follower using pic 18f4550.

http://myfirstbot.blogspot.com/2008/07/line-follower.html

please leave your comments on it.

my entire blog is http://myfirstbot.blogspot.com/
view my tutorials at

www.myfirstbot.blogspot.com

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
Re: line follower tutorial using pic 18f4550
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »
mkay. now, don't feel offended, i'm just poking youwith creative criticism here :P
reformat everything. use a nice theme. people who make themese are aesthetically inclined and care about readability. you used at least three colors for text, that did not represent separate entites.

use high-res and clean pictures. i can barely read the text on 1600 resolution.

post an explicit schematic of everthing. there is one for the sensor, but i don't think it suffices.

i haven't checked the whole thing, hard to read material is annoying. there's one thing i don't like about it, the fact that you offer code, but little explanation on how it works. maybe you should delimit the code and use a fixed width font, too.
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »
yeah..you are right.
and i didnt notice that colour thing.i copy pasted it from the microsoft document after i have completed writing it.now when iam trying to modify it,an error is popping up displaying that it can't be modified in html format ???

i have explained what each statement does in the code and the ports to which the sensor are connected.so should i add anything to it or should i write what the whole code does step by step

and can anyone suggest any software where i can design my circuit board and post it more explicitly :)

view my tutorials at

paulstreats

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »
Hi,
 Glad to see that you have got something going, any chance of a video?  8)

Ps You can use Eagle (thay do a free edition that you can use) for schematics its easy to use. Go to www.sparkfun.com and find a tutorial there to start you off (dont use any shortcut keys in that tutorial they are all set for previous aditions and dont wok anyore). Eagle also exports industry standard formats so you can send you designs off to be professionally made if you want to.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:51:42 PM by paulstreats »

Offline izua

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
    • izua electronics
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 06:20:04 PM »
Eagle would be nice. I use ISIS VSM, and just grab a screenshot. They're decent, nothing more, nothing less.

You should keep your file in a simple format. There's nothing wrong with an office program, but it makes exporting it a real pain. I did some of my stuff in raw html (there's some supporting css, though). Come on, don't tell me you wrote the whole thing in one colour and wordpress screwed it ;D
Check out my homepage for in depth tutorials on microcontrollers and electronics.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »
Thanks paul,izua

i have tried express pcb,but it does have components llike l293d drivers(which i use a lot).I ll try eagle now.

the schematic i have posted is cut copy of many schematics which finally matched mine after i extended the lines in mspaint ;D.
and i have done two projects based on line follower,GRID and RACE CIRCUIT,and won 2nd place in both the competetions 8).now i am learning how to use interrupts on pic(to use PWM)

i ll post the videos by tomorrow paul :)

Come on, don't tell me you wrote the whole thing in one colour and wordpress screwed it
trust me it happenend.The error it was showing was 'MICROSOFT WORD 12' something like that

i ll remodify my tutorial and post it again because there is some problem with the colour combination. :)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 10:16:52 PM by junior000 »
view my tutorials at

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:30:56 PM »
i have uploaded a new board in the blog

view my tutorials at

Get Your Ad Here