Author Topic: openCV help  (Read 2373 times)

Offline spykid99Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
openCV help
« on: June 10, 2009, 03:51:28 AM »
Hi, i wanted to do some photo analysis (face recognition etc) with openCV but i do not have a clue on how to use it, am i using the wrong program, is there a good website with tutorials on how to use openCV because the website tutorials i dont understand
Any help appreciated

Thanks
Spykid99
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater." ~Albert Einstein

Offline SeagullOne

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Humans and Robots working together for our future.
    • Loren John Presley - Author, Artist, Roboteer
Re: openCV help
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »
I too am getting into open CV.

OpenCV is not exactly like a one-package executable file, like roborealm. To learn more about it, check out the OpenCV wiki here: http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/ This is where I'm learning everything about OpenCV. It tells you how to install it, what you'll need to use it, and how you can learn to use it.

You'll need a C++ compiler to program in openCV. You can analyze how some of OpenCV applications (like face recognition) are programmed by loading the samples into the compiler you use, so you can see the coding.

Study the wiki diligently, and if you still need help you'll also find on the wiki (in the Frequently asked Questions section) that OpenCV has a forum specifically for the OpenCV software.

Good luck!
I think the chauffeur did it.

He did.

Offline spykid99Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: openCV help
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 12:59:33 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply, i think i will use roborealm though
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater." ~Albert Einstein

Get Your Ad Here

data_list