go away spammer

Author Topic: Axon and swerve drive  (Read 1365 times)

Offline KylepowersTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
Axon and swerve drive
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
Im looking at using the axon to control a swerve drive robot. I want to know can the axon handle 3 dual motor controllers and a few sensores? If not can a second axon be linked via ttl comunication to the other to control sensor data and feed drive commands to the one linked to the drive?

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
Re: Axon and swerve drive
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
You need to specify which three dual motor controllers... and it can most certainly handle more than a few sensors.  A second axon could be hooked up for higher-level processing, but for your application seems to have little need for it.  A single Axon can easily handle the swerve processing.

Offline KylepowersTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
This is the driver i was going to use times 3.
http://www.robotshop.com/solarbotics-l298-motor-driver-kit-2.html

The reason i want to possibly link a second axon in is that after the swerve drive is working im going to build a torso, arms and head on the top for other things. Thats why i might set two up one for drive and one for controlling the upper half that will interact with objects like Admins ERP platform dose.

If you have any suggestions on electronics, motors, or swerve components please let me know.

thank you

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:55:09 AM »
Just use WebbotLib Project Designer. On the left menu you'll see SolarBotics L298, so just drag that over. It can handle 12+ drivers without a problem.

How to Program Axon II in PD

Get Your Ad Here