Electronics > Electronics

CMUCam ?

<< < (2/2)

santiagoe:
I basically I want something that will work with roborealm software. I want to learn every feature of the roboreal software. Thus, i wil learn alot by doing this.It will be doing simple navigation like: line following, floor finder/ing,and wall avoiding. I want to master these and then go with the more advance vision stuff like: vision navigation, vision recognition, object recongnition, vision mapping of its surrounding and remembering them by categorizing them by name and then commanding the robot to go one of the catergorize names ect... which i would use a lapto or a mini pc for  that.

O and to me the CMUcam2 and 3 are better than avrcam.

the avrcam can track up to 8 objects and the UMCcam1,2,3 only 1
the avrcam can be program free the UMCcam1,2 can be program but you'll need about $700 to by the software to do it.

However, the cam3 can know be program just as easy as the avr cam

the CMUcams have faster processors and many more stuff than the avrcam.

I am going to buy a UMCcam2+

hazzer123:
If you are using Roborealm software, then a standard webcam should do since the microcontrollers don't need to be there to do all of the calculations.

I have used roborealm with a camera bought for £10, and it has worked almost flawlessly at colour detection, C.O.G. calculatin, image matching etc.

JonHylands:
RoboRealm will not work with a CMUcam or an AVRcam, unless you write a customs video for windows driver for it.

RoboRealm will work, as has been mentioned, with almost any webcam that runs in Windows, as well as frame grabbers for other video sources.

I use RoboRealm with a USB frame grabber that is getting input from a 2.4 GHz wireless CCD camera.

- Jon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version