Author Topic: how to control robot via internet ?  (Read 3086 times)

Offline anshTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
how to control robot via internet ?
« on: April 15, 2014, 06:06:47 AM »
I want to control robot via internet using computer

many microcontroller have tcp/ip protocol. microcontroller can communicate with computer using Internet

Computer → Internet → 100km distance  →Internet TCP/IP micro controller

when  I will open web browser like firefox, google chrome then what is next step for me

which software I need to use to control robot using computer  via internet?

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: how to control robot via internet ?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »
You will need to do two things:

1) You will need a microcontroller that is powerful enough to run a web server of some kind. Typically this is a Raspberry Pi, or an Odroid, or a BeagleBone Black. On this microcontroller, run some web server software that can also communicate with the robot systems. Starting with node.js or Python SimpleHTTPServer might make things simpler.

2) You will need a way to address the robot. This means you need a static IP address that maps to the robot. If the robot is behind a firewall/router of some sort (which most things are these days) this means you need to set up port forwarding on that router/firewall to go to the robot. That, in turn, may need other network administration (allocating a static DHCP lease, etc.)

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »
do you know the name of software?

Offline gerard

• Helpful? 2
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:06:03 PM »
superdroid robots has a network control package that comes with everything you need to control your robot from around the world
http://www.superdroidrobots.com/shop/item.aspx/wifi-custom-control-interface-package/929/
it costs ONLY $1k !!!

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »
do you know the name of software?

I already included the name of the software to use for developing this in my answer. It is not a "ready made" solution, though.

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »
You will need to do two things:

1) You will need a microcontroller that is powerful enough to run a web server of some kind. Typically this is a Raspberry Pi, or an Odroid, or a BeagleBone Black. On this microcontroller, run some web server software that can also communicate with the robot systems. Starting with node.js or Python SimpleHTTPServer might make things simpler.

2) You will need a way to address the robot. This means you need a static IP address that maps to the robot. If the robot is behind a firewall/router of some sort (which most things are these days) this means you need to set up port forwarding on that router/firewall to go to the robot. That, in turn, may need other network administration (allocating a static DHCP lease, etc.)

I am student I always want to learn something by doing myself

1)Is it possible to make this type of development board (Raspberry Pi, or an Odroid, or a BeagleBone Black.)

Offline MrWizard

• Helpful? 0
  • My cylon friend told me a killing joke......
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 01:03:12 PM »
Yes and no.

Yes - Get the PCB and all the components. Get the bootloader software. Solder it (if you know how to solder SMD). Program it. Troubleshoot it. Use it.
No - It is far easier and cheaper to buy the module. Personally I would not like the trouble. Do like to support these great projects in buying these boards.

Offline mhobbies

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 11:45:51 PM »
By adding a router onto your robot, you will be able to connect each of the network compatible accessories into it.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list