Author Topic: FAA bans FPV (1st person goggles on drones), call to action  (Read 1937 times)

Offline AdminTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
I got this in my email recently from Timothy of the DC Drones meetup group:

As many of you may have seen, the FAA recently issued an "Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft" that you can read by clicking here. Our community and others that fly UAVs are deeply disappointed that the FAA has decided to take a very restrictive approach to this technology. Particularly problematic is their statement that flying with first person vision (FPV) goggles is not allowed. FPV has become a popular way for members of our community to experience the joys of flight and the FAA offers no basis either from a legal or safety perspective for its sudden effort to outlaw use of that technology for recreational flight.

We are going to need to band together to make sure that this technology that we've all worked so hard on doesn't get regulated out from under us. The FAA interpretation is open to public comment, and we strongly encourage you to post comments on the regulation.org website expressing your frustration with what is being proposed.

Offline dellagd

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • Come to the dark side... We have cookies!
    • Exodus Rocketry
Re: FAA bans FPV (1st person goggles on drones), call to action
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:46:47 AM »
Yes! Please do! I and many others have learned so much through this hobby and it feels like its becoming illegal now because of some idiots who made the wrong person unhappy. Let's try to retain the legality of a great hobby. :D
Innovation is a product of Failure, which leads to Success.

If I helped, +1 helpful pls

I Won!
3rd place! I'm taking $100

Get Your Ad Here