go away spammer

Author Topic: ultrasonic sensor circuit help  (Read 8508 times)

Offline 555 timer chip guyTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • Robots and Circuits
ultrasonic sensor circuit help
« on: May 15, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »
I am building a robot for my high school robotics club and it needs to uses ultrasonic sensors but I cant find a simple
circuit for then well actually I fond one but it didn't work. I need some thing really simple. any help would be appreciated.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: ultrasonic sensor circuit help
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »
What do you want this circuit to do?

-operate sonar

-output what?

If its for a robot, it would be better just to directly hook up a $15 sonar to your robot microcontroller - no circuit required. The $50 robot can take some types of sonar with almost no code changes and zero circuit changes.

• Helpful? 0
    • Robots and Circuits
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:48:38 PM »
it could output ether analog or digital no mater. and it is for simple obstacle detection.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:55:56 PM »
So I havent used this sonar before (Ive used others), but Ive heard good reviews of it and the specs look really good.
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=639

It outputs an analog signal for you, so no circuit required.

Offline Brandon121233

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • "Genius is %1 inspiration and %99 perspiration"
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
Yeah I'm using that rangefinder right now, and it is the easiest to implement out of several other Ultrasonic units I have used. Very little code required to get the desired distance output, no timing or counting to deal with. In addition, it sounds like you were planning on building your own... the bottom line is that its not worth your time to make something you could buy for a good price and it being a far superior device than what you could make. Just my 2 cents.
Hell, there are no rules here—we're
   trying to accomplish something.

—Thomas Edison

Offline ekisbaiedom

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 01:26:49 PM »
HI.

Im very new to robitics, and just trying to figure out how it works...Im trying to build an ultrasonic rangefinder for starters. I already bought some tranceducers etc. Can someone please give me a circuit and PIC code that works? The LV-MaxSonar-EZ1 circuit from their datasheet looks very easy, but I dont have code for the PIC, and I'm not quite sure where to hook up the transmitter and receiver.

Can anyone Help PLEASE?

• Helpful? 0
    • Robots and Circuits
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 09:04:39 AM »
the bottom line is that its not worth your time to make something you could buy for a good price and it being a far superior device than what you could make.
I would normally buy one, but like I said it is for my hight school robotics club and it is for a competition that requires it be made from scratch. :-[

Get Your Ad Here

data_list