Author Topic: Servo modification - 5O dollar robot  (Read 5647 times)

Offline PiyushTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Servo modification - 5O dollar robot
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:01:00 AM »
Hi all, I am using the guide from this website: http://www.societyofrobots.com/step_by_step_robot_step1.shtml to make the robot. My parts are still shipping, and should be here in a few days  :) I was reading through, and I have just one trouble.

I did not buy the servo online, I found a hobby shop that had the servo for less cause there is no shipping cost. So, I went out and got a servo, but now I am using this guide to make the servo rotate continuous: http://www.societyofrobots.com/actuators_modifyservo.shtml . I am really confused on how to do the part that says to rotate to zero degrees. I don't know how to do that. The guide says use micro controller and hex file...and I am lost already  :-[

Anyone in the Toronto area that can help me out in person or on the phone?

Any help?

Cheers
Piyush.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Servo modification - 5O dollar robot
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:22:36 AM »
Hi all again,

I just thought of something. The notch in the gear that the pot head (I am guessing that pothead refers to the part of plastic that goes in the notch of the gear and turns when the gear turns) goes in - according to the tutorial can just be pulled out - but in my gear it is just part of the plastic, and I could drill to make the square notch into a circle...or just cut away the pot head from the servo and that should work..right? And yes, I will secure the remaining of the pot head with some super glue so it wont randomly spin

This is after I figure out what getting the servo to zero angle means and how to do that ... lol

Cheers
Piyush

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 08:52:45 AM »

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 09:32:56 AM »
Thanks, I will try it out...ofcourse after all my parts arrive and I put them together...lol

For now, I am going to buy a $9 soldering kit and try to solder a few pieces of wires together to see how soldering works...

Somehow I have a feeling I will be visiting this thread and this forum a lot  :-\

Cheers

Get Your Ad Here