Author Topic: Robotics with Python  (Read 2034 times)

Offline FingerpukTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Robotics with Python
« on: November 12, 2016, 07:15:09 AM »
Hello.

I'm new here, and I'm new to robotics. Before the question a little background on me - I run a design studio in London, I have a physics and programming background, and my first career was as a 3D modeller for the visual effects industry. So I can handle code, and I can handle CAD (I use Rhino and Autodesk) but I'm very new robotics. I did a small stint with practical effects so understand servo control, and I also own a small 3 axis mill but am looking to upgrade to the PocketNC.

Quite frankly I'm bored. My son is interested, and as I want him to learn computer science, robotics, and AI I want to help him as much as I can. I like Python as a basic language so I wondered if there was a way to communicate easily via Python to a controller that will let me hook in off the shelf sensors and servos, and get data back? I like to idea of being able to do basics, but also handle complex calculations on the host computer.

I've read up on all the search results you get for Python and Robotics, but I'd love to hear form anyone who has it working rather than reading sales material.

Thanks.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list