go away spammer

Author Topic: Eagle Layout Editor vs Multism  (Read 6918 times)

Offline santiagoTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Eagle Layout Editor vs Multism
« on: November 02, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »
Which program is more powerful ? not easier but more powerful? and why? whats the difference?

In my humble opinion Multism (circuit design suite 10 with ultiboard) takes the trophe.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: Eagle Layout Editor vs Multism
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:34:31 PM »
I haven't ever heard of multism to be honest...
Being an eagle guy, i would vouch for eagle mostly because it is much well know the there are vast libraries of components to choose from, not to mention all the people that use it to help with problems.
Howdy

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 03:30:07 PM »
Hi,

It's like comparing apples with pears.
Eagle is "only" capture and board with auto router.

Personally, I used to use OrCad almost exclusively (and I just got a truckload of licenses, so I might go back), but started to use Eagle, since it (due to it's generous freeware edition) is very widely used by amateurs on the net, which I do a bit of design for.
Eagle is quite allright, but the real strength of any CAD packet should be sought about half a meter in front of the screen.

I'll say it's down to personal preference, but if you intend a lot of collaboration over the net, go with Eagle (or use both).

With simulators, you should allways be very critical with the results you get.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 04:51:27 AM »
try them both and see what you think. then you'll be able to make a better judgment.

Offline galannthegreat

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Blue-Lensed Blue LEDs?! What?! Impossible!!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:21:45 PM »
MultiSim is more geared towards electronics education and training, as it was designed for that specifically. I get to use it everyday to test my labs out, and to test out circuits that I want to eventually turn into a board.

If you have a license for MultiSim/UltiBoard take that over Eagle, in my opinion. MultiSim is much more powerful as you are given a chance to test out your circuit with virtual test equipment before you make the choice to export it to UltiBoard.
Kurt

Get Your Ad Here