go away spammer

Author Topic: uBotino, a micro robot board  (Read 25927 times)

Offline Crunchy Theory

• Helpful? 0
  • "Well great is ok, but amazing would be great."
Re: uBotino, a micro robot board
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
Hi Ro-Bot-X, can you please give a little more information on the direction of the brown and blue capacitors (both leads are the same length). A picture from a lower angle would really help. Also, I'm a little unclear of the direction of the LEDs ("flat side"?). Thanks!
The only way to top an upright screen, keyboard, and mouse is to eliminate the need for humans to touch a PC at all. Oh, hello there Mr. Robot... what would I like you to do, you ask?

Offline rbtying

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 31
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 09:45:20 PM »
The "flat side" connects to ground, it's a commonly used indicator for the cathode of the LED.  It's also usually shown as the shorter lead. 

Offline Ro-Bot-XTopic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 09:57:22 PM »
The brown and blue capacitors are unpolarized so you can mount them in any orientation. The LEDs have to be mounted with the flat side (the short lead) towards the on-off switch. What is the flat side? Look here:
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Offline Crunchy Theory

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 10:29:34 AM »
I was able to get Webbot's sample Hello World program running on the uBotino v2 using WebbotLib with the output going to my Terminal in Mac OS X.

I ended up using Ant to build WebbotLib (details are in my post here: http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=9527.0, and Dunk's makefile to build the Hello World program using a WebbotLib static library for ATMega328P (tutorial here: [urlhttp://www.societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/node/381][/url]
The only way to top an upright screen, keyboard, and mouse is to eliminate the need for humans to touch a PC at all. Oh, hello there Mr. Robot... what would I like you to do, you ask?

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 08:48:51 PM »
Nice! I didn't had time to do much lately. Too much work, I get home late and tired. I'll try to speed things up a bit, but anyway, I'm using Windows, can't help you too much on the Mac side. I'm glad you managed to make it work with the help from the forum.

Offline Crunchy Theory

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2010, 04:09:10 PM »
Nice! I didn't had time to do much lately. Too much work, I get home late and tired. I'll try to speed things up a bit, but anyway, I'm using Windows, can't help you too much on the Mac side. I'm glad you managed to make it work with the help from the forum.

Yeah, I hear you. I've been lacking on sleep lately due to work and that I'm on a roll with this board  ;D

I know you already packed quite a bit into the uBotino, but I would recommend adding jumper if to disconnect the servo output pins if you can find the space in the next revision. Just like how J2 works with the motor pins. The easiest workaround I found so that I wouldn't have to keep yanking the servo cables out was using the SparkFun FTDI USB board to power the board for downloading my .hex file while leaving Vin to the servo pins off.

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »
I never use the hardware programmer, just the FTDI board. So you need the servos to not receive signals during programming with the hardware programmer or to not be powered during that time? If you just don't want them to be powered, remove the Vselect jumper J1, same like J2.

Edit: you can use this program to upload hex files using the FTDI cable. Oh, while typing I remembered that you use a Mac... Perhaps there is a similar program for Macs?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:59:45 PM by Ro-Bot-X »

Offline Crunchy Theory

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 08:53:09 PM »
So you need the servos to not receive signals during programming with the hardware programmer or to not be powered during that time? If you just don't want them to be powered, remove the Vselect jumper J1, same like J2.

Ah, can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks!

Offline hardmouse

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 04:36:58 PM »
I never use the hardware programmer, just the FTDI board. So you need the servos to not receive signals during programming with the hardware programmer or to not be powered during that time? If you just don't want them to be powered, remove the Vselect jumper J1, same like J2.

Edit: you can use this program to upload hex files using the FTDI cable. Oh, while typing I remembered that you use a Mac... Perhaps there is a similar program for Macs?

Hi X, the program you mentioned "xloader". Does it work for AXONII? BTW, what's latest version for ubotino? I wanna get one and build something for my community.

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »
So far I had no success with the xloader for my Axon 1. I have no idea if it's the loader or the bootloader I put in the Axon. The only way I could have it working was from XP (on VMware), using the original bootloader and uploader provided by Admin.

As for the uBotino, you have 2 options: to buy a version 2 kit from me or the assembled board from the Creatron Inc. store in Toronto.

Cheers!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list