Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Choosing the right motor

<< < (4/4)

Admin:
So for speed . . . the real question is, how fast can your computer process sensor data and output it as motor commands?

Then the question of terrain, acceptable vibration on your electronics (hard drive especially), tendency to flip over on sharp turns, etc . . .

Assuming your robot is similar to Eric (the next upgrade?), Id say perhaps .3 m/s. Acceleration probably .3m/s^2 too.

But again, it has a lot to do with Eric Jr's ability to sense and avoid obstacles. ;D

Ro-Bot-X:
Yes, it's going to be Eric the Second.  ;D

Because I will move to Canada in the spring, I will have to sell some of my robotic parts (it's too expensive to get them transported over there, I allready had them transported from USA to Romania once...) and I was looking around for better replacements.

I want to build a ballancing robot, so when is the tutorial coming up? I don't have the math behind me to do it myself (at least not alone) especialy the software (Kalman filters...)!

I understand the sense-compute-command part, speed will be adjusted accordingly, but the max speed has to be calculated beforehand. The robot may never run at that speed, it will get to 90% only in the best conditions, like smooth terain, no objects sensed by the short and long range sensors... Anyway, a ballancing robot has to accelerate to get to a stop. Also, a ballancing robot it is hard to tip over because it is dynamicly ballanced and will bounce off. The conclusion that i got is: a small diameter base and tall robot HAS to be dynamicly ballanced or it will easily tip over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version