Author Topic: What parts do I need?  (Read 1859 times)

Offline CDUNNTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
What parts do I need?
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:08:46 PM »
Ok so at the moment I have have over $500 to spend on robot parts. Im not into robotic cars and stuff, but humanoid like robots. Im only trying to make a smallish robot with legs, arms, head, body, etc. ( kind of like the NAO robot if youve ever seen or heard of that ). Anyways can somone maybe make a list of parts I will/might need. I know theres a tut for the $50 robot that shows all the parts I will need, but like I said im not all that into robotic rc car things so im not sure if I would use most of the same parts for a robot I plan on making compared to the $50 robot tut.

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
Re: What parts do I need?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:52:37 AM »
You have to learn how to crawl before You learn walking  ;)

In car-like robots as well as in humanoid-like ones You use microcontroller to control servos. All the parts used to build $50 Robot can be reused for humanoid. Humanoids are more complex as they require precision parts to be well balanced; they require more servos - 1 for each joint if You want to build simple humanoid, and more than that if You want to go more complex. Mid-range humanoid would have 3 servos per limb resulting into 12 servos in total; to controll all of them You need 12 PWM channels - where ATmega series has maximum number of 8, that is - You have to go with more complex microcontroller.

My advice is to start small and see if You like it, if You do - build upon what You already built, reuse parts and techniques learnt.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:53:35 PM »
Hi,

Im only trying to make a smallish robot with legs, arms, head, body, etc. ( kind of like the NAO robot if youve ever seen or heard of that ). Anyways can somone maybe make a list of parts I will/might need.
You need:
1 body
1 head
2 legs
2 arms
1 bottle of glue

You'll also need:
Baking paper
A bottle of Scotch
Stopwatch calendar
2 match sticks

Add the ingredients into a bowl and stir for 5 minutes, knead the mass, arrange on baking paper and leave to dry overnight.

You're welcome ;D
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Corad

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 12:12:58 AM »
Hi,

Im only trying to make a smallish aftermarket parts robot with legs, arms, head, body, etc. ( kind of like the NAO robot if youve ever seen or heard of that ). Anyways can somone maybe make a list of parts I will/might need.
You need:
1 body
1 head
2 legs
2 arms
1 bottle of glue

You'll also need:
Baking paper
A bottle of Scotch
Stopwatch calendar
2 match sticks

Add the ingredients into a bowl and stir for 5 minutes, knead the mass, arrange on baking paper and leave to dry overnight.

You're welcome ;D

hello If I am planning to construct lady robot which other parts do I need?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:36:41 AM by Corad »

Get Your Ad Here