Author Topic: Pololu Black Friday sale (starting Thursday)  (Read 3498 times)

Offline bensTopic starter

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
Pololu Black Friday sale (starting Thursday)
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:09:48 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to SoR from Pololu Robotics and Electronics!

To celebrate some of the great products we've introduced this year (and our popular 3pi from last year), we are having our first "Black Friday" sale.  You can use the following coupons to save up to 60% on selected Pololu products from Thursday, November 26 through Monday, November 30, 2009.

BFSVP - Get one of #1325 Orangutan SVP-324 Robot Controller (assembled) at $49.95 (save $50 off the retail price).

BFMAESTRO - Get one of #1350 Micro Maestro 6-channel USB Servo Controller (assembled) at $9.95 (save $15 off the retail price).

BFQIK - Get one of #1110 Pololu Qik 2s9v1 Dual Serial Motor Controller at $9.95 (save $15 off of the retail price).

BFJRK - Get one of #1392 Pololu Jrk 21v3 USB Motor Controller with Feedback at $19.95 (save $30 off the retail price).

BFENCODER - Get one of #1218 Pololu 42x19mm Wheel and Encoder Set at $24.95 $19.95 (save $15 $20 off of the retail price).

BF3PI - Get one of #975 Pololu 3pi Robot at $49.95 (save $50 off the retail price). This offer is available to the first 20 customers who use this coupon.  (makes a great gift for that budding roboticist on your Christmas list)

ELEKTOR1209 - Get a free copy of Elektor magazine's December 2009 issue, while supplies last (save $7.95 off the newsstand price).  This offer is only available to orders shipped to the USA or Canada.

These coupons become active at 12:00 AM PST (8:00 AM GMT) on Thursday, November 26, and they can be used on back-orders if we run out of available stock.  Multiple coupons can be used on a single order.  Note that our 3pi coupon will expire after it has been used 20 times; all other coupons have an unlimited number of uses, though each coupon only applies to a single unit per order.

To use these coupons, you must make your purchase directly from our web site (www.pololu.com).  You can enter the coupons at the bottom of the shopping cart page.  Make sure to click the "update cart" button after each coupon you enter.

- Ben

Edited to correct the encoder set sale price.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:53:41 AM by bens »

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: Pololu Black Friday sale (starting Thursday)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
Looks like I will be staying up till 3AM EST for the 3pi.

Thanks pololu!!

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 02:01:45 AM »
Sweet I got my 3pi!

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:37:35 AM »
Congrats!  Those 3pis are going fast: 18 down and 2 to go!

- Ben

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:02:35 AM »
Apparently we erroneously publicized the encoder set sale price as $19.95 (the coupon was originally set at $24.95), so we have now adjusted the coupon to match the lower advertised price.  If you paid $24.95 for the encoder set using the original coupon, we will refund you $5.  We apologize for any confusion!

- Ben

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 05:03:26 AM »
Hi,

Elektor December is issue 11 (not 12), due to the summer issue stretching 2 month.
(Wow it's cheap in the US - I pay the equivalent of USD-twenty-something for it in Copenhagen :()
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 12:35:19 PM »
The Elektor issues are at my level, along with Nuts & Volts. So educational for me.

However, it tends to go into over-specialized details of things most DIY people (including me) aren't interested in.

For example the latest issue goes on for pages about the details and history of legal standards for home automation products. What DIY person would be even remotely interested in that? :P

It also has a lot of old-school analog electronics, but as an x-gener I prefer to do it all in digital. Its much easier/simpler to just throw a microcontroller and an IC or two at problems these days.

Anyway, lucky me I was already planning to buy a serial motor driver from Pololu, and as soon as I saw the big discount I delayed no further :P

Get Your Ad Here