Author Topic: How to create R/C car contolled via cell network  (Read 2594 times)

Offline MrRobotoTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
How to create R/C car contolled via cell network
« on: September 27, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »
Here is the challenge - to be able to control a R/C car through a cellphone network. I have seen several R/C car / robots controlled via wireless networks, but I thought it would be interesting to try and control one through a cellphone network, so you could control it anywhere. Any idea how this would be achieved? Here are some links to some great WiFi projects.

http://jbprojects.net/projects/wifirobot/

http://yasha.okshtein.net/wrt54g/

Offline SixRingz

• Helpful? 0
  • Bit's and pc's = Robot.
    • ManMachineSystem
Re: How to create R/C car contolled via cell network
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 05:35:56 AM »
Could you specify more what you mean by cell network? I mean, most cell phones have GPRS or 3g internet connectivity so you should be able to write controlling software in java or similar and then run that to send commands via TCP/IP to a wifi robot? But that would of course mean the robot need wifi... Maybe that's the question? How to get mobile wifi connectivity to your robot? Or are we talking about calling the robot or texting it to run?  ::)
Grounding things properly means burying them in the backyard...

Offline Pratheek

• Contest Winner
  • Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 3
    • Probots
Re: How to create R/C car contolled via cell network
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 05:38:45 AM »
You can achieve it by using a DTMF decoder IC. But you will need two cellphones for this design. One attached to your robot(it will be the receiver) and the other will be used to control your robot(transmitter).

The basic idea is that you will make a call to the receiver and press a button. This will produce a corresponding tone at your receiver. The DTMF, attached to your receiver, will decode this tone and convert it into its equivalent binary digit.  You can use this to control your robot.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list