go away spammer

Author Topic: Boe-bot version of CMUcam?  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Fredrik AnderssonTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Boe-bot version of CMUcam?
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:17:11 AM »
Hi,

received an CMUcam yesterday, but to my dissapointment, it was the Boe-bot version of it. Curse the store that didn't wrote that it was that version!

So, what should i do? I was thinking to integrate it with an Arduino board, but im not sure if i still can. Or should i return it and order an standard CMUcam...

The Boe-bot CMUcam is pretty much stripped: the rs232 chip is removed, switches and so on. The communication is done through the TTL port on the CMUcam. The chip is integrated with the so called AppMod, a chip with 8 leds, a piezo speaker, two switches a chip and lots of pins that fits directly into the boe-bot.

Can i somehow intregrate it with my Arduino board, and if so how?
Current project: Pirrh - Portable Intelligent Round Rolling Hexapod

Offline frank26080115

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
Re: Boe-bot version of CMUcam?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:49:29 AM »
electrons are still electrons, does the arduino have software UART? parallax is such a pain, they don't even have pin diagrams, just some demo code, looks like pin 4 is data, pin 8 is clock, and pin 7 is uart RX, and pin 9 is uart TX.

commands should be the same.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Boe-bot version of CMUcam?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »
always the return option . . .

The Arduino uses an AVR (which has a hardware UART). If you are going to use your CMUcam with a microcontroller, you must use the UART (rs232 is useless except with a PC).

But personally, I liked that CMUcam rs232 connection so I can easily test out settings on my PC before porting code to my robot . . .

Get Your Ad Here

data_list