go away spammer

Author Topic: Control systems for a robot arm.  (Read 2294 times)

Offline idee17Topic starter

• Helpful? 1
Control systems for a robot arm.
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:13:19 AM »
I have been looking into various control systems for a robot arm. One of the methods I have been looking into is color tracking. I thought this could be done by using a glove with a color on one finger and two cameras to get 3D. One of the cameras could capture X and Y axis, and the second camera could capture Z axis. I know this could be done with one camera, by decrease and increasing size of the colored area, but I would like to keep it simple. Has anyone else done something similar, or any better ideas for robot arm control systems?

PS the area the arm need to operate is around 70 X 70 X 70 cm.

~Thanks Idan
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer · Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
Re: Control systems for a robot arm.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
Simpler would be to build a second arm (generally a smaller version) that you position by hand, and which the real arm mimics.
I

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 03:08:26 PM »
I have thought about doing that, but I would like to have a very simple user interface. Also I thought I could use the hand tracking system for other projects later on. Thanks for the reply Grertlex.

~Thanks Idan
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline Gertlex

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 24
  • Nuclear Engineer · Roboticist
    • Index of Oddities
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 11:17:20 PM »
Simple... to use? Or to implement? :P
I

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 05:01:27 PM »
Ideally very intuitive and easy to use.

Offline Billy

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:01:38 PM »
The SW roborealm can output 3D coordinates I think if you use a X-Box kinect sensor (two cameras).
I've never tried stereo vision using roborealm but it has worked pretty well for other things.

Sounds simplest. That way it won't even have to be color based. Just your hand as the controller.

Get Your Ad Here