Author Topic: For Billy and all forum members - semiconductors industries  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Ana_DigTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
For Billy and all forum members - semiconductors industries
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:04:48 AM »
Hi Billy and all the forum members,
Before approximate 8 months I read that some big companies begin to invest a lot of money in change the wafer size from 300 millimeters diameter to 450 millimeters diameter, in these days one friend tell me that he hear that all the industries in semiconductors stop all these processes and all the semiconductors industries will stay with wafers that have 300 millimeters diameters, because I am not sure that it is true and I don't understand what happen so I try to find in google some articles that will confirm it or disprove and will give information and details for these two options (confirmation or disprove) like:
1. If it was stop so why the semiconductors industries stop to the research and development to move from 300 millimeters diameter wafers to 450 millimeters diameter wafers?
2. If it was not stop so what are the advantage and disadvantages from moving from 300 millimeters diameter wafers to 450 millimeters diameter wafers?