Author Topic: $50 dollar robot help  (Read 3455 times)

Offline loboTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
$50 dollar robot help
« on: October 01, 2008, 05:56:47 PM »
I decided to use just a regular battery holder for the robot. It holds 4 AA batteries which equal to 6 volts. This batteries are not the kind that you can recharge or secondary batteries, they are just the regular 1.5 primary batteries.

So my question is does this mean that I should just follow along with the schematic and tutorial instructions that apply to the RC battery pack or an assembly of batteries equal to 6v or greater?

Or do I need to look at the modified schematic that applys to the battery holder method. The one where I must use a 9v battery & 4.8v from the battery holder.

the confusion for me is that my battery holder battery voltage is 6v and the battery holder method says 4.8 v. While the rc battery pac or batteries equal to 6v.

So which one applys to me? I'am using a battery holder but it equal 6v not 4.8v.

For clarification the 9v battery is use on both accounts or just for the modified schematic of the $50 robot that uses the cds?

Thanks for yas help

Offline pomprocker

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
    • Nerdcore - Programming, Electronics, Mechanics
Re: $50 dollar robot help
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
Go with the first one.

"just follow along with the schematic and tutorial instructions that apply to the RC battery pack or an assembly of batteries equal to 6v or greater?"

'AA' alkaline batteries are 1.5v each...hobby battery packs use NiMH, which the 'AA' size are 1.2v each. you do the math.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 06:03:55 PM by pomprocker »

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »
Thank you pomprocker. I'll Go with the first one. I'll use the schematic that applys to the schematic and tutorial instructions that apply to the RC battery pack or an assembly of batteries equal to 6v or greater

One more ? Do I use the 3 pin header even if my battery holder only has two leads, black and red?

Offline pomprocker

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
    • Nerdcore - Programming, Electronics, Mechanics
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 12:02:27 AM »
you don't have to, but most battery backs come with it (3 pin socket), so i would stick with the norm

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
Thanks for your help!

Get Your Ad Here