Electronics > Electronics

Make two batteries share the same ground

(1/1)

airman00:
To make two batteries share the same ground do I just take the negative wire from a AA battery and connect it to groundl and then  take the 6V 20Ah battery's negative wire and connect that to the same ground? Will this make a common ground or will this just fry my components?

czwalga00gt:

Edit:  just saw you're using AA and a high amp hour battery.  I dont think I would can do that.

HDL_CinC_Dragon:
As far as I know, theres nothing wrong with that unless they are in series with each other...

I think as long as theres a load that also connects to that same Ground your fine... wait for Dunk or someone more experienced to confirm this though

hgordon:
Having a common ground for all of your circuits is generally a good design practice, especially if you have a metal chassis.

Admin:
The first thing I always check when someone's circuit is acting funny is if they have uncommon grounds. :P

yeap, connect the negative end of both batteries . . . but do not connect the positive ends together of any different type battery (or even the same type batteries with different levels of charge). What happens is one battery keeps trying to charge the other because they discharge at different rates . . .

--- Quote ---6V 20Ah battery
--- End quote ---
sounds dangerous . . . is it lithium ion? or a typo?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version