Author Topic: TV remote controlled robot  (Read 1989 times)

Offline manaramTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
TV remote controlled robot
« on: June 17, 2011, 07:11:43 AM »
I am a beginner. The robot that I’m trying to make, to be controlled by a Philips TV remote that uses RC5 protocol. I have managed to make the schematic of the robot (In Orcad). Please see attachment. I’m using a “PIC18F542” Microcontroller and “tsop1238” IR Receiver.
The robot to,
1.   Go front
2.   Reverse
3.   Stop
4.   Turn Left
5.   Turn Right
I will use 2 DC gear motors for these purposes (which will be controlled by PWM).

But I’m struggling with the code to be written in “C18” for the microcontroller. Expecting some bodies help. Thank you in advance. 

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
Re: TV remote controlled robot
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 10:31:59 AM »
Do a google search on "PIC IR remote receiver" and you will find a number of projects and examples.

The code in the examples probably will not be in C18 but there are some C examples. You will need to port any example code to setup (initialize ports, osc, etc) the exact PIC you are using. There will also be code examples in assembler. These are not that hard to follow so learn enough of the PIC's assembly instructions to port the code to C.

Offline manaramTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: TV remote controlled robot
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »
Thank you Waltr for your valuable ideas that you gave me. I did a google search and there were lot of examples and I also found a code which is written in HI-TECH C for PIC 16F877A. Now I'm analyzing them and trying to write my own code. If I need your help I might come back. Thank you again.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list