go away spammer

Author Topic: Using the sensors from a mindstorms set with an Arduino.  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Hawaii00000Topic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
Using the sensors from a mindstorms set with an Arduino.
« on: February 13, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
I need some sensors for my Arduino based robot and I have the sensors from a mindstorms nxt kit. Does any one know how to mod the sensors so they can be read by an Arduino.
"God chose to make the world according to very beautiful mathematics."
-Paul Dirac
Its Hawaii Five-O. Get it?

Offline HyperNerd

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 5
  • N3rd1n80r
Re: Using the sensors from a mindstorms set with an Arduino.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 04:29:29 AM »
I suggest you check out this book. Although it is for connecting other sensors to the NXT (the opposite of what you are trying to do) it does detail pretty much how each sensor works.

I recommend that you also check out the NXT Hardware Developer Kit

Touch Sensor:
As simple as it gets. The black and white wires of the NXT cable are connected to a momentary SPST switch, just a standard digital input.

Light Sensor:
Analog input. The green wire needs 4.3v (5v?) to power the sensor. The white wire is the analog output. black and red are ground. The yellow wire appears to turn the LED on and off.

Sound Sensor:
Appears to be analog output. Green for power. Black and red for ground. Not sure what the yellow and blue wires do.

Ultrasonic Sensor:
I2C sensor. Green for power. White appears to be power as well ???.Black and red for ground. Yellow for SCL. Blue for SDA.

That's all I could interpret from the Extreme NXT book, and from the HDK.

-HyperNerd
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list