go away spammer

Author Topic: Need Easy Robot Kit  (Read 8553 times)

Offline sotuTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
Need Easy Robot Kit
« on: April 14, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »
Hey, Im not so good in robotic but i want to learn. Can anyone give me links to easy robot building kits. Where u get a manuel on how to do it and get to put ure own circuit card together?
How to build a biped bot:

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Need Easy Robot Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »
So, wait a second

"But im allmost done with it. I cant stop now!"

Why would you need a robot kit if you are almost done. Have I missed something?
"The truth is, you can't hide from the truth, cos the truth is all there is" - Handsome Boy Modeling School

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 02:59:32 PM »
I am done with my first robot. But it isen't very technical at all. I dont have any electronic skills so i want to learn

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »
There are many robotic kits out there that claim to teach robotics.

However, I would say that stuff like the $50 robot tutorial is perfect.

I duno...........it depends whether you want to purchase 5 things and learn a lot

OR

Buy something where everything is pretty much done for you, and you learn a bit

The robot builder's bonanza is also perfect.
"The truth is, you can't hide from the truth, cos the truth is all there is" - Handsome Boy Modeling School

Offline nanob0t

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Trust Your Technolust
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 05:06:58 PM »
Again, this is something that you should have googled way before you even thought of putting it here.  It's completely redundant asking us.  There are sites DEVOTED to selling robot kits.

Here, I searched 'Robot Kits' on google and here's the first link:

http://www.sciencekits.com/robots.htm

If you did that, you saved plenty of time.  They come with circuit cards that are ready with all the parts in little plastic baggies and snap together parts or something.  You can learn plenty of how the parts interact as you solder the little things on the board. 

That was the first result, think of how many other places can pop up.

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 02:27:55 AM »
About 20,000 I would imagine

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 02:37:33 AM »
Okay...........I just want to put in a history of what is being said:

"Im telling u here like im telling on many of my other posts. I may ask stupid and have hard to take in information. But isen't that what this forum is all about? Helping those who need help? And right now i need a lot of help when im making robots. Couse all knowledge about robotics i got is the one that i have thought my self to. I haven't any book/computer knowledge at all!" -sotu

"That's exactly why we're recommending some books and websites for you to read up in. While we may be able to answer the questions, the books/sites are very well-written and will probably do a much better job than we can. It's best that after you read a book or two, or as you're reading it, ask questions to clarify some of the stuff the books talk about.. That way, you won't have to wait for ppl in the forum to answer questions (since the books most likely can) and you can get clear direct answers for the stuff you need clarification in.

Also, besides the books that were listed in the other thread, I also recommend using wikipedia, google, and howstuffworks.com. I've personally learnt a lot from wikipedia and howstuffworks, and google has basically everything if you search hard enough (and you're lucky).. Howstuffworks tends to have very simple-to-understand descriptions, and lots of illustrations, which is very useful to get an understanding of a new topic. Wikipedia usually has more information, but sometimes that can be intimidating at first." - Somchaya

"Thnx for all ure help, ure really helpfull..!"
"By the way, there are some things to wonder that's not easy to google or search for on wikipedia! " - sotu

Again, also READ responses from other posts before you make new ones. Actually sotu, why don't you make a post called sotu and put EVERYTHING you have to ask in there? I don't like the fact that you have so many posts and other peoples' posts may not get read properly.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 02:40:09 AM »
I am looking for a kit where u can put ure own circuit card together with a manuel. If i buy a kit where i get a finish made circuit card i would then like a place where i can buy a finished made circuit card so i can use the skills i learn of the kit!

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 05:32:58 AM »
Well go look for one then!

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 06:39:21 AM »
Yeah im gonna but can u post some links so i got some alternatives!?

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 06:54:07 AM »
Ok then
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:34:32 PM by sotu »

Offline ed1380

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 11:15:40 AM »
Don't cut and paste your questions to all threads, like this.
see it's anoying.
use google.

there, answered-\/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:53:49 PM by ed1380 »
Problems making the $50 robot circuit board?
click here. http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=3292.msg25198#msg25198

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 01:33:48 PM »
Well can u respond to at least one of them?

Offline Hal9000

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 02:34:23 PM »
I've had enough now. I won't reply to any of your posts until you put :

a) Questions that you can't find on google
b) a picture of you and your robot up and an explaination of how it works.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 01:57:46 PM »
I won't post pictures of my robot uintil its finish. Im allmost done just the wepon left!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 04:16:47 PM »
sotu, they have a good point . . .

in the end, you must build your own robot, we can only help when you get stuck . . .

if you get stuck with a google search, you are in for a long painful ride :P

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 07:56:59 AM »
Yeah but want to show u the final result of my robot. Not images when im building it..

Offline PrinceOfFlame

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2007, 11:07:27 PM »
sotu, these guys know what they're talking about, and it seems they're getting frustrated at your inability to type google.com in your address bar. >:( In the time it took you to type the address for this forum in your browser, log in, start a new topic, and post it, you could've already found the answer to ur question. A bunch of really good beginner kits are available herehttp://www.sciencekits.com/robots.htm, here http://www.electronickits.com/robot/robot.htm, and here,http://www.kitsusa.net/phpstore/index.php*i would recommend the mousebot kit, about haf the page down)and include all the parts necessary; instruction manual,a pre-printed circuit board, circuit components, and the body/chassis required to hold it all together. Next time you have a question, dedicate at least half an hour on google or another robotics website before you bug these guys with such simple requests, and above all, stop being so lazy... ;D
The problem about people giving you crap for being something your not isn't the fact that they're wrong about you. It's that they're giving you crap.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 10:53:54 AM »
You haven't really got my problem, if i type www.google.com here (where i live) on Norway it goes directly to www.google.no and this makes it harder to find robot kits couse they dont sell many of those in norway.

Offline JonHylands

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
  • Robot Builder/ Software Developer
    • Jon's Place
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 11:14:43 AM »
Try this link:

http://www.google.com/ncr

- Jon

Offline Brandon121233

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • "Genius is %1 inspiration and %99 perspiration"
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 01:38:58 PM »
I think I might understand the problem. As I remember- Norwegian is one of the hardest languages to speak and translate because of the way it is spoken. I am guessing that SOTU does not speak English as his first language, and hence many things are getting lost in translation with our posts, google, wikipedia, and howstuffworks... I'm not sure how good translators like bablefish work for translating Norwegian to English, but if you haven't tried that before, give it a shot. (by the way I'm just guessing here- SOTU if you don't speak Norwegian then forgive me)
Secondly I'm rather certain that you can buy any kit that is available here in the US, and have it shipped internationally, for not too much extra. That means you can get any of those kits we showed you, without a store near you actually carrying them.
Hell, there are no rules here—we're
   trying to accomplish something.

—Thomas Edison

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2007, 10:50:08 AM »
Yes i am from Norway ;D I'm waiting for pololu.com to get in a robot kit and a "learn how to solder" kit in stock. I have been waiting for ages and even sent them a Mail on there link "contact us". Im starting to get a little pissed now! >:(

Offline JonHylands

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
  • Robot Builder/ Software Developer
    • Jon's Place
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 11:42:14 AM »
I think I might understand the problem. As I remember- Norwegian is one of the hardest languages to speak and translate because of the way it is spoken. I am guessing that SOTU does not speak English as his first language, and hence many things are getting lost in translation with our posts, google, wikipedia, and howstuffworks... I'm not sure how good translators like bablefish work for translating Norwegian to English, but if you haven't tried that before, give it a shot. (by the way I'm just guessing here- SOTU if you don't speak Norwegian then forgive me)
Secondly I'm rather certain that you can buy any kit that is available here in the US, and have it shipped internationally, for not too much extra. That means you can get any of those kits we showed you, without a store near you actually carrying them.

I spent a summer in Norway (Oslo) working back in 1998, and the thing I remember (other than all the beautiful girls) is that almost everyone spoke English - I think its a required second language in schools there now.

- Jon

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 02:38:41 AM »
I don't understand what people have against Yahoo...

When I don't find something on Google, I almost always find it on Yahoo. Actually I first do a search on Yahoo and just to see if I have missed something I search on Google. Or just in case I want to see something in Romanian or other European language I use Google.

Yahoo gives back mostly sites from USA. There you can find the most info, parts and other stuff.

And it really helps reading the posts if the Spell Check button is used before posting! As a Romanian I learn English in school, but I take pride in what I am writing and even if my grammar or phrasing sometimes suck I strive to make my posts easier to be read and understood.
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 03:57:00 AM »
who said they where against Yahoo!?

Offline ed1380

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 07:21:15 AM »
www.dogpile.com uses google, yahoo, and a bunch more.
Problems making the $50 robot circuit board?
click here. http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=3292.msg25198#msg25198

Get Your Ad Here

data_list