General Misc > Misc

Meet Remi

<< < (9/9)

Sam_Charette:
[rant]
Did you bother to read the fact that at least one dictionary completely disagrees with you?  How about the fact that your negative attitude helps no one and produces nothing but bad blood?

Seriously, dude, your crusade is really starting to get on my nerves.  I really don't care what YOUR definition is.  The definition from at least one dictionary, along with many more people than you, is that it is a robot.  Feel free to be self-righteous all you want, but I don't think this is the place for it.
[/rant]

Sam_Charette:
As an addendum, code is irrelevent.  My very first robot, waaaaaaaaay back in grade six, was a photovore.  There was no code, and no processor in it, but it could still follow light on it's own.  It was autonomous, and it was less complex than Remi.

Or how about Stiquito, the little robot that uses muscle wire to walk.  It's autonomous, but has no code.

What about all of the little insect things that people make that just move?  No code, but autonomous.

How about those solar powerd drag racers that you often see competitions for at robot events?  No real brains at all.  They're autonomous, though.

Autonomy doesn't require code, and code certainly does not grant autonomy (or else your word processor would write your essays for you).

Get your definitions straight before coming here and declaring how much better it is from the rest of the world's :P

gamefreak:
Im not saying anything is better, it is a great little robot, infact i havent even started on my first non-kit robot(a job for the summer) and im failry clueless when it comes to robots, i just thought that robots requires little interaction, i see that i was wrong and im sorry for my rant

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version