Author Topic: Weird LCD Display problem  (Read 1362 times)

Offline BatienzaxcoreTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • Just me. Really.
Weird LCD Display problem
« on: October 18, 2012, 02:28:31 AM »
Okay guys, I'm at the beginning phase of my project (The robot knee manipulator) I am using a Hitachi LM052L LCD display and a pic16f877a microcontroller. A potentiometer is connected to the analog input of the microcontroller that serves as a voltage divider. Now, my problem is this. When I attached the LCD display to the microcontroller, it is displaying an output with respect to the potentiometer (The value of the display increases with the value of the resistance of the potentiometer which means it is working), BUT MY CRYSTAL OSCILLATOR AND 2 22pF CAPACITORS ARE NOT GROUNDED FROM THE MICROCONTROLLER. Another thing is that, when I ground the oscillator, the Display does not seem to be changing with respect to the potentiometer. This is weird. I was expecting the other way around. I mean, is this good or something? Can anybody help me on this?
Music is really my thing. But I am haunted by my fantasies of seeing robots rock out - A literal metal band.

Offline studyembedded

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Weird LCD Display problem
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:53:16 AM »
It is tough to understand your question but i am pretty sure the potentiometer is connected across back light. If you can explain what exactly you are looking for, there are thousand people here can help you. One more thing check www.zembedded.com they are having few good tutorials on AVR only problem is there site is on and off.

Get Your Ad Here