Author Topic: i want to build a monosatble timer circuit and speed controller circuit on one  (Read 3812 times)

Offline FMSQ8Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
hello everybody,

i am working on a project

i finished the mechanism

i want to build a monosatble timer circuit and speed controller circuit on one bard that controls a 12v or 24v motor

and thanks a lot

Best regards a son of future technology ;)

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Hi,

Never leave us guessing. It may work for commercials, but if you want help, make it easy for us, so we don't tire out  ;D

As far as I gather you are after 2 circuits: A monostable timer and a speed controller.
Is that correct?

What are the specs of the motors (V, A @ stall, A @ max efficiency) you need it for?
What is your power supply (V and A max. - or if batteries, number of cells, which kind of cells (chemistry) and their capacity in (m)Ah)?
What timing range is needed?
Feel free to add anything that you may find important.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Hi,

Never leave us guessing. It may work for commercials, but if you want help, make it easy for us, so we don't tire out  ;D

As far as I gather you are after 2 circuits: A monostable timer and a speed controller.
Is that correct?

What are the specs of the motors (V, A @ stall, A @ max efficiency) you need it for?
What is your power supply (V and A max. - or if batteries, number of cells, which kind of cells (chemistry) and their capacity in (m)Ah)?
What timing range is needed?
Feel free to add anything that you may find important.

yes correct

actually i think it's 24v 250watt motor like this one

and the power supply it regular one

if it possible to control the range of the timing from 1 sec to 15 min

Offline billhowl

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 32
  • Your success is in your hands.
The power supply that you shown look like not able to supply 10Amps current to your motor.
the timing from 1 sec to 15 min is a large range for monostable circuit.

C= 1mF and R=990 Ohms for 1 Secs
C= 1mF and R= 820K Ohms for 15 Mins
http://www.sentex.ca/~mec1995/gadgets/555/555.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:04:03 AM by billhowl »

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
Hi,

actually i think it's 24v 250watt motor like this one

and the power supply it regular one

if it possible to control the range of the timing from 1 sec to 15 min
Well, that power supply is 12V, 500mA (6W), so please tell me that you have another supply for the motor (+ its specs) and that the one shown is merely meant for the monoflop and perhaps the speed controller supply.

The 1s to 900s(15 min) is probably gonna  be a bit difficult to set, unless you use a digital variety.
If you use large electrolytic capacitors in a monoflop, timing will drift a lot with temperature, another good reason to go more or less digital.
I haven't got the time right now, but if you're interested, I could draw a schematic where you select the timing by switches - it will be in 10 bit binary - meaning switches for 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 and 512 seconds respectively and you just add the switches.
To get 900s, you select 512, 256, 128 and 4. Max range is thus 1023 seconds (17m, 3s).
It's more complicated than a single-555 circuit of course and that might just fit your purpose well enough.

For the speed control... Do you just want to set the speed while setting the timing (would it perhaps be for some theatrical effect?), or did you have something else in mind?

And should it be set by turning a knob or what did you have in mind?
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
guys i found these two circuits is it possible to combine them together

there is no problem to order any power supply form the internet

but i need this specific task to be done like that ==} i press a button then the motor will start to work with to variables the i set manually which are the speed control and the time.

this is the motor as i show you before     

and these are the circuits that i found they are ready to use the question is do they will give the same Performance that i want

this is the speed controller circuit  

and this is the monostable timer circuit

and thats all i got hope that's will work to achieve my project

best regards a son of future technology ;)

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
Hi,

It's impossible to judge the useability of the circuits from photos.
If you link to them instead, we could perhaps find the specs needed.

You need to get the monoflop controlling the speed controller, in a way that it will stop completely when the monoflop times out. For that you'd need the schematic of the speed controller, to see if/how it could be done.

Much better to build it from the ground up as a single circuit IMO.
Regards,
Søren

Please remember...

Get Your Ad Here