Author Topic: robot film near Washington, DC  (Read 2766 times)

Offline AdminTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
robot film near Washington, DC
« on: June 13, 2008, 04:43:17 AM »
I just got this in my email. I probably won't go because it's during working hours . . .

Hello,

My name is Katherine Clements and I am writing to you regarding SILVERDOCS: AFI/Discovery Channel Documentary Film Festival. I'm sending this email because there is a film in this year's festival called MECHANICAL LOVE, that may be of interest to the Society of Robots and I wanted to get the information out to you as soon as possible.

Now in its sixth year, SILVERDOCS is an eight-day international festival held June 16-23, 2008 in Silver Spring. SILVERDOCS celebrates the creative vision of independent filmmakers and the power of documentary to expand our world-view and enhance our understanding of the world around.

MECHANICAL LOVE (Denmark, 2007, 79min, Dir. Phie Ambo) explores the intimate and complex relationships between people and therapeutic robots. The film screens on Tuesday, June 17 at 11:00am and Friday, June 20, at 11:30am. One of the robots from the film, Paro, will be at both screenings! For more information, see: http://silverdocs.com/festival/films/2008/mechanical-love/

I would greatly appreciate if you could share this information with your organization and anyone else you think may be interested in the festival. Please let us know how you plan on notifying interested persons so that we can help in any way possible. If you would like text from us or have any questions, contact our Marketing Manager, Catherine Richter, at [email protected].   
For more information about films, show times and special events, please visit our website at SILVERDOCS.com.

Sincerely,

Katherine Clements

SILVERDOCS Marketing Team

SILVERDOCS: AFI/ Discovery Channel Documentary Festival

Get Your Ad Here

data_list