Author Topic: LCD Display fried? (Hope not)  (Read 1335 times)

Offline BatienzaxcoreTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • Just me. Really.
LCD Display fried? (Hope not)
« on: October 21, 2012, 05:48:27 AM »
Okay... So I'm using a Hitachi LM052L LCD Display. Unfortunately, while i was wiring the parts, I kinda made a mistake and put the Vdd wire of the power supply (5V) to the Vss wire of the LCD display, and vice versa. Then, I waited for a few seconds, and felt that the black glob at the back of the LCD display is getting hotter. After rewiring the two, my output is not the expected

ANGLE: 90

that changes its value using a potentiometer, but rather, some weird characters occupying the same space of the word ANGLE. And the value beside it, well, it responses to the change of the potentiometer connected to the microcontroller. Dyah think I got my LCD Display fried or something? Should I buy a new one?
Music is really my thing. But I am haunted by my fantasies of seeing robots rock out - A literal metal band.

Offline lrmall01

• Helpful? 2
Re: LCD Display fried? (Hope not)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
My vote is for yes, you have fried your LCD controller.

The black glob you refer to is the IC which controls the LCD.  If it heated up then that likely signals damage to the component.

Offline BatienzaxcoreTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • Just me. Really.
Re: LCD Display fried? (Hope not)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »
Awww... Oh well. I'll just have to buy one. But still, $7 is still too much for me :((
Music is really my thing. But I am haunted by my fantasies of seeing robots rock out - A literal metal band.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list