Author Topic: program for money!  (Read 4352 times)

Offline loboTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
program for money!
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:08:24 PM »
I need someone to make a program for atmega8. What I need is a program for object avoidance. The program needs to be commented so that a new programmer in C could understand and learn.

The program needs to be written to use the  2 Sharp GP2Y0A02YK IR Sensor  and 2 PING Ultrasonic Sensors.

Please name your price and If i feel it is reasonable will do buisness.

Please respond.

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
Re: program for money!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »
The answer to that is no. It would not be easier. I need a programmer to make a program to use the items listed above. The tutorial falls waaaaay short of that.

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 05:45:54 PM »
Well you would need to work a bit hard on it , it wouldnt work straight out

Anyways , how much do you expect to pay for this service?  Twenty five dollars?
 You have to understand that such a program would take many of us around 10 minutes to make BUT it takes more time to comment every single line in an easy to understand way.

Also what kind of robot platform are you using? ( modified servos or DC motors) because the code will slightly change based on your robot platform.

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 05:53:59 PM »
you wouldn't have to comment to much just a simple explanation, thats all. Nothing to thoroull. keep it precise and concise and simple. As far as the money let me know how much you charge. If the program works the money is yours. The platform will use servos (regular modified servos) and in the future motors. If you can provide the extra code for the motors it would be awsome.

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »
Instead of paying for the programming, why not pay for the board? Buy a Roboduino! You don't need a programmer - you use the bootloader. And Arduino software is so easy you will be able to write the code yourself! There are a few examples of how to drive the servos with the Arduino and there are a few on how to read the sensors.

On the other hand, buy me some parts and we can make a deal ;)
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
Well if the comments raises the complexity ( or time)than leave the comments out. If it just takes you programmers just 10 minutes to make a program such as this,then please provide 2 programs for the listed sensors  that uses a modified servos and the other that uses geard motors.

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 06:03:46 PM »
Arduino programs are ok?

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 06:09:19 PM »
i already build the board provided for us by admin for the robot for 50 dollars. I 'm also using avr studio 4 and the AVRISPmkII In-System Programmer (P/N# ATAVRISP2) by ATMEL.

If your charge is for me to buy you a part well if the program works to my satisfaction sure I'll buy you your part.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 06:12:10 PM »
Bottom line is that I need someone to build this program. If you are interested let me know.

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »
not to be rude - but how do we know that you won't grab the program and run

Also , would you perhaps be interested in buying a ready made platform that is preprogrammed? I have a friend who would do this for you. Email me if you want more details about that.

www.Narobo.com

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 06:19:33 PM »
Sorry, I use Arduino only. That would presume you would be able to upload the Arduino bootloader to the ATmega8 you have, but I have found this task hard to do. That's why I got a Roboduino, bootloader it's allready uploaded. If you are still interested, I can do it. I can even make a video with my robot using the code.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 06:30:13 PM »
Does Roboduino or adruino use C or something similar. I think its something similar. As far as trusting me well what can i do to put your heart at rest. I can send you the part or money first if you like.

or you will just have to trust me. I'am a good Christian :)

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 06:57:16 PM »
Arduino uses libraries of functions written in C. Also the commands are in C, like if-then-else, while..., for-next and so on. The functions in the libraries take care of the register settings for you so you don't have to learn to understand the datasheet. It makes the programming easy. That's why so many people like it so much. After you play with Arduino for a while and find that you need more advanced control then you can go to the lower level, to the bare C.

Roboduino is an Arduino with pins ready for servo and sensor connection. $50 robot is Arduino compatible, that means all you need to do is upload the bootloader (with a hardware programmer) and use a RS232-TTL serial converter to connect the UART to the computer's serial port to upload sketches. If your computer does not have a serial port, there are USB-TTL serial converters.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 07:51:53 PM »
Ro-bot-x I have already build the  $50 robot so if I upload the  bootloader with my  hardware programmer (the one listed above) and use a RS232-TTL serial converter to connect the UART to the computer's serial port to upload sketches is it a go ?

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »
Ro-bot-x I have already build the  $50 robot so if I upload the  bootloader with my  hardware programmer (the one listed above) and use a RS232-TTL serial converter to connect the UART to the computer's serial port to upload sketches is it a go ?
yes

www.Narobo.com

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 08:09:56 PM »
Ok, here's how you can do it:

Download and install Arduino software version 11 (not 12).
Connect your hardware programmer to the $50 robot and to the computer. Power on the board.
From Arduino software, go to Tools, Board, select Arduino NG or older /w Atmega8.
From Tools, Burn bootloader, select /w AVRISP mkII.

It will automatically burn the bootloader. Then you can use the serial converter to upload sketches. Make sure the board is still the same and you select COM1 from the Tools, Serial port menu.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 09:43:37 PM »
I need someone to make a program for atmega8. What I need is a program for object avoidance. The program needs to be commented so that a new programmer in C could understand and learn.

The program needs to be written to use the  2 Sharp GP2Y0A02YK IR Sensor  and 2 PING Ultrasonic Sensors.
Any reason it needs to be the atmega8?

I'm asking because it'd literally take minutes to do with my Axon. Both of those sensors are already supported in the library and everything is heavily commented. Heck I'd even do it for you for free if you want.

Get Your Ad Here