Electronics > Electronics

Axon II Not Being Recognized By PC

<< < (3/4) > >>

Admin:
I have a *theory* . . .

Was your Remote Shutoff Switch active when you wheeled it, meaning current was allowed to pass through?

Here is what I want you to do:
- hook up everything just like you had it when you wheeled it over
- but don't attach the battery monitor to the ADC
- attach a multimeter to the battery monitor output and ground
- wheel the robot around and read the voltage you get

And one more theory . . . this happened to someone a few years ago. The soldering on the USB connector for some reason wasn't very good, and when he yanked out the USB cable it made it loose a connection. Look very closely at the USB connector and see if the 5 pins on it look well-soldered or not. You may need a magnifying glass.

Mastermime:

--- Quote ---Was your Remote Shutoff Switch active when you wheeled it, meaning current was allowed to pass through?
--- End quote ---
The relay was open and I didn't have any power from a battery going through it when pulling it around.

I will test your theories as soon as I get home from school tomorrow.  The hardware programmer should arrive at my house as well.

Admin:
One more question . . .

Is there a sticker with a number on the back of the Axon, or something faintly stamped on the back that looks like a white circle with text?

Mastermime:
Ok I just tested both theories.  When I wheeled the robot around, hardly any voltage was generation (0.1v).  Do you think that my motors were spinning and that generate voltage.  I should have told you that my robot is tank driven so when I wheeled the robot around, I took the treads off, and just wheeled the robot on the idler wheels. 

As for the USB connection, it seems sound.

I see no sticker on the back either.

And the hardware programmer is coming tomorrow.  I can still use the Axon II with the hardware programmer, right?

Admin:
Ok . . . one more test . . . my latest theory is either the USB chip had an unexpected failure, or the USB connector is having issues.

Use a multi-meter to test the USB connector. On the left side there are 5 very tiny solder pads. Put one end of your probe there. It is important you only touch the pad and not the pin coming out of the connector, as the pin could be slightly loose. If it is loose, applying pressure causes it to connect - but we are looking for a disconnect. Then with the other probe touch the inside pin of the USB connector while being careful to not apply pressure. Do that for all 5 pins to test for connectivity.

--- Quote from: Mastermime on January 25, 2013, 05:35:04 PM ---I can still use the Axon II with the hardware programmer, right?

--- End quote ---
In theory!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version