Author Topic: I found a great place for getting cheap .dxf file done for laser cutting  (Read 2921 times)

Offline borg1of1Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
I need some part cut out of acrylic and i sent my hand drawn pics to a few laser cutting company's the quotes for cutting were not bad around £80 , But they also wanted to charge me another £90 pounds for producing .dxf files which shocked me they were charging around £45 pound an hour i found www.airoboticsltd.com and the do the same service at £10/hour and to have the drawings done only cost me £10 .saved me alot of money and only had to wait 24hours for.

Offline nickc

• Helpful? 0
check out draft sight and do it for free. 
cadding stuff is much better than hand drawing as it lets you check part fit and copy paste and build assemblies from detailed components.  many companies provide cad drawings of components such as boards, nuts & bolts on line that you can download.

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/free-cad-software/

It's free 2d cad software.  Lots of tutorials on line.  fairly straightforward to use.  Makes dxf or dwg (autocad) format drawings. I work at an engineering firm and this is what we use to get parts made in house or to send out to a machine shop.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list